Chapter 5

We left the library and went straight to my house. Tanya was now awake. "Where have you guys been?" she asked. 

"Honestly, I've been looking at the library for my parents files. I got a file pulled up for my dad. He's a doctor in Spokane. He didn't die. You liar! You lied to me!" Oh no. Here come the tears. "You said that they were dead! You thought I couldnt't handle it, didn't you? Well you were right. Congratulations." I started to walk away and she grabbed my hand. "Don't you touch me. Ever."

"They didn't die. You're right. And you couldn't handle it. That's why I kept it from you. Sit down," she said pointing to the chair on the island. I sat next to Romana. "You're mom was bad on drugs. He was taking her to a rehabilitation center. They crashed on the way there. They both lived. You couldn't know. I'm sorry."

"I know where my dad is. Where's my mom?"

"I'll take you there. Tomorrow."

"I'm going to Spokane tomorrow. I'm going to see my dad. Period."

"She's out there, too."

"What? Dad--Er, Nick-- Has a new wife. And two new children."

"He is a doctor in the psych ward for adults. She works with him."

"I wanna see her first. I'll have a few choice words for that man."

"Okay. Pack for at least a week. I have to go to the bank and get some money out for the trip there. Ramona, did you get clothes before you left?' Ray nodded and Tanya said,"Pack. What time is it?" she looked at the clock hurriedly. "Bank closes at five. Gotta go," and with that she was out the door.

"What the hell?" Ramona seemed angered. I just gave her a quizical look. "She has being lying to you for over a year, and you find out by getting out there and looking for yourself? Kudos to you. I couldn't handle knowing that. I would have hit her. Hell, I almost did." I laughed at her and she looked at me angry then her face softened into a amused look and she started bursting into fits of laughter. "Why are we laughing?" She asked, catching her breath.

"Gotta laugh to hide the tears, babe!" We went back to laughing and then decided to go upstairs and pack. We were still smiling when we reached my room. I grabbed to luggage bags and gave one to Ray. She went to the drawer I gave her to get her clothes out. She was on the opposite side of the bed and we had this moment where we looked at each other and it was like nothing else was going on. She blushed, I blushed. I sat down on my bed and she did the same. We continued to look at each other and I didn't realize what was happening until our faces kept getting closer. I heard Tanya come into the house and I stopped moving.

"What are we doing? You're my best friend."

"I... Uh... I don't really know," Ray said. "I wouldn't have minded it."

"Whaa?" I was confused.

"I'm kidding! Maybe..."

"Uh, okay." I started towards my bags and she grabbed my arm. "Ray?" She stood up and looked at me, still holding my arm. Her hands moved from my arm to my waist and I wrapped my hands around her shoulders. "Wait!" we both let go and I locked my door. We went back to the same position and ever so lightly, she kissed me. I was awe-struck. I didn't know what to think. "Ray? Am I the someone else you like?" Insted of answering she kissed me again. My heart melted. This is really happening! I thought. She kissed me one last time before we both headed downstairs. She grabbed my hand and held it.