Chapter 8

*RAMONA'S POV*

When we woke up, we were still in the same position. The sun was beaming and the car was riding smoothly. Courtney was sitting there, just kind of staring at nothing. Tanya's voice broke our train of thought when she said, "Courtney, you gotta drive. I'm beat. There are only a few more miles until Spokane."

"Okay. Next gas station, pull in." She nodded and pulled in to a gas station. They switched, I got in the front seat with Courtney. Immediately as Tanya sat down she passed out. Courtney looked at me with hopeful blue eyes. "Ramona? Can I ask you a question?"

"No."

"It's important."

"Let me ask you a question first." She nodded. "Will you be my girlfriend? Offically." 

With the biggest smile, she said, "That's what I was going to ask you."

"So that's a yes?"

"That's a yes! Ray, look." I turned my head and saw a sign that said "Welcome to Spokane" and my stomach tied into a knot that couldn't be untied. I looked at her and she looked like she was gonna puke. To our right, there was a hotel. She pulled into the parking lot and woke up  Tanya.

The entrance was beautiful. There was someone to greet us at the door and everything. We walked to the front desk and a tall woman with a cheesy smile asked what she could help us with. In the back of my mind I was laughing like no other. What else would we want, you dumb ass? She gave us three door keys and we walked into a suite that seemed like it was for some movie star.

"Are all of the rooms like this?" I asked.

Tanya said, "Every time I've been here it was. This place is well it's worth. The beds are so amazing." I gave a gesture of approval and she walked over to the couch and sat down. Courtney and I decided to explore the place like the children we both were. Tanya got a two bed room and it just so happened that they were separate rooms. 

"I'm guessing I have to share a bed with you," I said to Courtney with fake disgust. She looked at me with the same look. 

"Eww. I'll make a bed on the couch for you. You can sleep there." I smiled wickedly and she knew what was coming. We ran through the apartment sized place and I chased her. As soon as we got our room she ran into the bathroom and locked it. "There! You can't get me now!"

"You'll have to come out of there sooner or later."

"You're right. But not anytime soon."

"Come on!" I pleaded. I heard another door close from the other side of the door.  A few seconds later I was attacked. Courtney was straddling me and holding my arms down. "Courtney! I hate being restricted!" I couldn't help but to laugh at the way she was looking at me. SHe had crazy eyes and I died laughing. She started to tickle me like a child. And me being who I am, I laughed like a child. "S-stop!" I was out of breath.

"Never!" She continued to leave me breathless. 

Another five minutes of tickling went on before I was let up. Thanks to Tanya that is. She called for Courtney. We both walked out and Tanya seemed a little too nonchalant. "When do you wanna visit your father?"

"I hadn't really thought about it," She said. I really didn't want her to see him. It'd only hurt her more. She couldn't really take that right now.

"Can we do it tomorrow? We all stayed up a bit late last night." I put my two sense in. And we finally came to an agrement that tomorrow at ten would be fine. Courtney and I walked out of Tanya's room and as soon as we got to our room, we couldn't get back to the same mood we were in. Now instead of smiley and giggly, we were- well I was angry and she was sad.  I wish her father wasn't the reason we were here. I wish I could take her away from all of this crap. Just let her escape. Apparently this wasn't possible. Whatever.

*COURTNEY'S POV*

What the hell? I don't want to see him. Yes I do. I don't know. What's he going to think of me? Will he approve of me being who I am? So many things I can't determine right now. Not straightly anyway. Ramona seemed a little angry. "Ray, baby, what's wrong?" 

"I wish this shit wasn't happening. I wish he would have just stayed with you. Courtney, I'll never leave you. It seems like-"

"It seems like you're all I have. You better never leave me, Ray. I'll... I'll find you."

"I know baby." I started to cry when she said that. She grabbed me and held me tight. I felt so safe in her arms. It was like nothing else was there. Nothing bad. It felt so right. She grabbed my face lightly and brought my face to hers. She kissed me like the lightest feather could break me. Like I'd shatter at the first touch. I'm so happy I have her. "How the hell did I get so lucky?" she asked rhetorically.