Chapter 11

*RAMONA'S POV*

"I love you," Courtney said. She was kissing me again, this time on the couch of the hotel lobby. 

"Baby, we're in public."

"Oops. I forgot."

"It's okay." I laughed and said, "I love you, too." I kissed her one last time before looking around to see who was watching. The bell boy was gawking and covering up his "area". Courtney and I looked at him then at each other and busted out with a roar of laughter. 

We started towards the elevator as Tanya got stepped out of one. "Where are you going?" Courtney asked.

"On a date." She was smiling.

"With who?!" we asked in unison.

"Rick drove all this way to come see me. He explained that the woman in the picture was his late wife. She died from a car accident."

"Oh. Well, get it girl!" She laughed and headed out the door. We rode the elevator to our floor and walked into the room. I took my shoes off and  walked into our room. Courtney was in the bathroom. I laid on the bed face down and I heard the bathroom door click. Out came a beautiful Courtney. She was still in the same clothing as before but something amplified her beauty. Her green eyes pierced through my heart. 

She laid down next to me. "Are you gonna fall asleep?" she asked.

"It's like eleven-thirty in the morning. Of course not."

"Then what do you wanna do?"

"I dunno. Anything."

"Wanna go get some ice cream?"

"Have we gone on a real date?" I asked.

"Well as best friends, yes. Other than that, no."

"Well then, Courtney, would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Hmm. I dunno. You seem to be the player type." She smiled and I laughed. "Of course I do."

"Okay. Where to, madame?"

"To the stars," she said in a whisper.

"So cliche. Let's go Rose." I started to get up and she grabbed my hand. She pulled me back down to the bed and kissed me. "If you wanna go on this date, then let's get going!"

"Fine. I love you."

"I love you, too." I kissed her one last time before getting her off of the bed. Or tried to. She went limp with a smile on her face. She opened one eye and looked at me. "Come on, Courtney!" We were both laughing hysterically. I jumped on top of her and started tickling her. She said stop and I did. I got off of her and went to her side of the bed. I slid both of my arms underneath her. She looked at me like I was gonna kill her. Then she smiled. I picked her up and carried her to the couch closest to the door. She finally gave up on trying to fight me. She put her shoes on and we headed out the door.

I could tell that our stomachs and jaws were still sore from all the laughing we did. We were in the car driving around town like we knew where we were going. We didn't. So far, this is the best date ever. 

"Wanna see a movie?" I asked.

"Uh depends on the movie."

"How about the Lucky One?"

"No. No love stories."

"Are there any blood and gore movies playing right now?"

"I don't think so. But I saw a sign back there that said that there's a drive- in playing Bela Lugosi's Dracula tonight. I think around nine-ish."

"What are we gonna do until then?" I asked.

"I still want that ice cream."

"Okay," I laughed. "Whatever you want." She looked at me and smiled. 

"Anything?" 

"Anything."

"Okay. I wanna go to a real ice cream shop. Not Dairy Queen where the ice cream isn't thick."

"There's Cold Stone right there."

"Perfect," she said with a smile.

"Like you." She looked at me.

"I'm far from it."

"In my eyes, you're the most perfect thing that's ever walked Earth." I parked the car and got out before she could. I ran over to her side of the car and opened the door for her. She smiled at me. I kissed her forehead as soon as she stepped out. She looked up at me and kissed me. I grabbed her hand and lead her to the menu. 

"So is it still anything for me?" I nodded. "Sweet. I want four scoops of rocky road Ice cream. In a cup please." I looked at her with wide eyes. She looked at me and said, "Make that two." I kissed her and she just smiled.

We were handed our ice cream and we sat down. I looked at her with a goofy grin on my face. That goofy grin when the person you like is in front of you. The one you can't keep off of your face. Yea, that one.