Chapter 1

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring Family Reunion by Blink-182, it's the song I always wake up to. I jumped out of bed, excited because today I get to see Set It Off, I work at a music venue called First Avenue in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and today they'll be here! I'm part of the service staff, which means I make sure everything is going smoothly and people are having the time of their lives, I'm also a runner and I work with tuning instruments and every once in a while I'm in security. It's the best job in the world, and today it will become even better.

I walked down the stairs, careful not to miss the last one because that happens to me a lot. I looked at the clock, 4:30 AM, I had at least an hour. I Walked through the hallway and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Afterwards I blow dried my auburn hair and put on my choice of clothes for today, shredded black skinny jeans, my Set It Off tank that was slit down the sides, and a black lace bra. I teased my already thick hair a little and styled my fringe that hung in my eyes, I put on my usual cat eyeliner and light mascara and lip gloss. I walked into the kitchen and put a bagel in the toaster. I got a little nervous, that bagel was at least 100 calories, it seemed to much. I pulled it out when it was done and spread a thin layer of butter on it, I decided to cut it in half. I ate half, then put the other half in the fridge for later. I looked at the clock, 5:00 AM, I had better go. I pulled on my galaxy patterned Vans and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove off, this was going to be amazing.

I pulled up to the venue, suddenly very nervous, I was wearing a tank top. It would show my scars, though i'd been about 5 months clean of self harm, my cutting was very severe, leaving my arms covered in white and red raised scars. I also had carved the lyrics ''Stuck Self torturing" into my forearm, they weren't big, but fairly noticeable. I took a deep breath and got out of my car, SIOs van wasn't here yet, but it probably only be a little bit before it was. I walked into First Avenue and was happily greeted by my best friend and co-worker Matilda, or Matty as I called her.

"Constaaaaaaaaance! Are you excited!!?" She said after hugging me, holding me at arms length. I Smiled back at her.

"You know it!!" I laughed, she looked me over and slid her hands over my arms and held my hands, she gave me a empathetic smile.

"I'm proud of you." She whispered, nodding to my scars. I solemnly smiled back, nodding. She let go and we walked into the main room.

"HEY BOSS CONSTANCE IS HERE." Matty yelled, I heard a shuffling as my boss came out, his name was Sergio, cool name right! We call him Serg, he'sa tall, husky built guy. People are usually scared of him, but he's one big teddy bear.

" Goodmorning Constance!" He boomed, walking over to me and hugging me.

"Aha I'm good, but you're... kind of crushing me big guy." I choked out, laughing. He laughed and stepped back.

"Sorry dude, well, get ready for the day! I know you're excited!" He said, walking back to the stage. I jogged to the green room, an assortment of instruments and other equipment waiting for me to tune and fix them. I hauled them all out of the room on a cart and followed the path to the stage. I plugged each thing into its specific port and set everything in random places about the stage, there wasn't much, but it would keep me busy. I started at an amp as tall as me in the middle of the stage. It needed at new port for plugging in and then needed to be looked over to see if I had to tune it or anything. I worked on the port for a while when I heard a car outside the venue, shortly after I heard multiple doors open and close, and then the sound of loud voices coming inside. My heartbeat shot up, this was it.