Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Kortnii's POV

I woke up in the hospital room. I was so thirsty. I looked around, I hated hospitals. They smelt of death and overly sanitized bathrooms. A nurse came  in "Oh good you're awake." My mom came in, "Kortnii!" she said running over to me. "Aiden" was all I said. She looked at me worried.

"Aiden!" she called. He walked in slowly. "Aiden" I whispered again. He smiled weakly at me and sat on the bed and held my hand.  I started to cry silently, "Is our baby okay?"  He swallowed hard, "I don't know."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. Just the thought of my baby being dead killed me. I couldn't live with myself. Dr. Sullivan came in, "Kortnii I'm glad you're awake. We need to heck on the baby." She pulled my gown up and put the cold gel on me. When the stick moved over my stomach it didn't tickle like before.

I looked at Aiden. He looked so sad and ashamed. "I love you" he whispeed, "Whatever happens, I'll always love you!"  "I love you too" I said, tightening the grip on his hand.I remember the first day I met him.

~FLASH BACK~

I walked up to the middle school with Scarlett. Her mom dropped us off that morning. We went inside and sat down at the cafeteria table with all our friends. "Did you hear about the new kid?" Jonny asked. I shook my head. Hell, I just got here what do you expect?

"His name is Aiden. I heard that he went to Juvi for killiing someone." He said. "Oh look here he comes now!" Jessica pointed at him. He looked so sad. His black hair fell over his eyes. "He's cute" I said. He looked over at me and I looked away quickly.

Later that day I walked into the cafeteria during lunch and saw him sitting by himself. "Hi!" I said, sitting next to him. He looked up at me with a cold expression on his face. I decided to act dumb and start a conversation with him.

"So you're new here huh?"

"Yup" he said, popping the p.

"That's cool My name is Kortnii. What's yours?"

"Aiden."

"I always liked the name Aiden."

He looked up a little and said, "Thanks."

I sat there quietly for the rest of lunch. It was kind of awkward being around him. I didn't want to say anything stupid. He was so cute though.

Years had passed and he had gotten ruder he laughed at me when I tripped over something and stuck with the cool crowd. He went up to me one day after I had fallen and I tried choking back my tears, but they just wouldn't stop flowing. I was in the ninth grade now.

Everyone laughed at me, except Aiden. Which was weird because he would be the first. He stuck out his hand, "You need some help?" I slapped his hand away and ran off. I hated that jerk how could he be so rude to me? I never did anything to him.

Then one day, I was sitting outside my house. I was crying because my step dad hit me. Aiden was walking down the street and saw me crying and came over. "What's wrong?" he asked. I glared at him through my blurry eyes. "Why would you care?"

He sat down next to me and said, "Look, I'm sorry. I don't know why I was so rude to you."

I shook my head, "Everyone has a reason."

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you."

This made me laugh. He flashed his million dollar smile and said, "I truly am sorry" I knew I probably shouldn't have done this at the time but I forgave him. Of course when we went back to school it was as if nothing ever happened. He wasn't rude to me or anything. He smiled or waved occasionally and I would do the same back.