Chapter 6

I was really glad I was not wearing high heels. I don't know how his companions did. I can barely walk in high heels, let alone run in them. Luckily, I was wearing comfortable sneakers, stretchy jeans, and a t-shirt.

We ran back to the TARDIS. Funny. The human race. We plowed through crowds and were followed by a bunch of potato men in Santa suits. No one noticed. And still, no one noticed a bright blue 1950's police box. Maybe the human race was dull.

We were heading towards the TARDIS which I guess made sense, but we still wanted to learn more about the Sontarans. So shouldn't we be looping back around to the store, trying to avoid them? The Doctor acted almost as if they wanted him to follow them.

"Why are we coming back to the TARDIS?" I asked.

"Two reasons. One: it's safe. Two: I need to check something. I might have an idea."

"Two things. One: the TARDIS is not always safe. Remember when Donna got stuck in it and the Daleks tried to destroy it. It was almost destroyed. Luckily, Doctor Donna... etc... But anyways. Two: What do you need to check?"

"Uhh... stuff... ish..." he said vaguely.

"Don't give me an ish. I don't like that."

"What I have in mind is very ishy..."

"Gee that clears it up."

"Be quiet and run." he put on a burst of speed and I sprinted after him, Santa Sontarans ran slowly behind us like a lazy puppy halfheartedly running after it's owner.

When we got to the TARDIS, the Sontarans were farther behind us, but they would be there soon. We walked in and closed the door. Suddenly I was winded. I leaned on the consul and took a few big breaths.

"So what did you want to see?" I asked.

"Wait for it. You'll see. They'll be here in a second."

"What? The Sontarans? Wasn't the point to get away from them?"

"No. Not at all! The point was to get them near the TARDIS. Now I just have to modify the sensors on the outside of the TARDIS." He ran around pushing buttons and flipping switches. Finally, he pulled the screen over to where I was standing. He stood next to me and grinned. "Now watch!"

On the screen, I saw the Sontarans were close. They came to the TARDIS, but as soon as they touched it, the TARDIS glowed a golden color and the Sontaran jerked away. The Doctor ran over the consul and looked at another screen. He pressed more buttons, typed something on the typewriter in the consul and then looked at me again, but he looked almost apprehensive.

"Aha!" he yelled. I stumbled back in surprise. My heart rate when up suddenly.

"What?"

"I was right! Oh. This means the Sontarans are not a problem. Good news! This is good. Is this a Saturday? Good things always happen on Saturdays," he said.

"It is a Saturday. I hate Saturdays... They're like bad luck for me." I replied.

"No! Saturdays are brilliant, beautiful days. They're hopeful. Now Sundays are a whole other thing..."

"Thirteen, your ten is showing." I said.

"Right. Sorry. Anyways. So this is good news about the Sontarans."

"Really? Because I could do with some good news right about now." I glanced at my watch/countdown. 43:13.

"Yup. The reason why the Sontarans are all dull is because they were possessed."

"Like me? But why didn't the possessor just stay in them?"

"It couldn't. They're not strong enough. They need a special type of person. Someone strong and gifted. So they just used them to get to you."