Boys and Toys

"I-I-I don't-I don't think that's a really good idea..." I stammered, eying the sharp object fearfully as it was dangled close to my neck. "I-I-uh, how about we play a different game?"

"Eh? But why would we do that sister?"

"Yeah! This one is so much more fun!"

Damn them for being cute. Ugh, why do I have find cute things adorable? No-scratch that, why did I have to find Dee and Dum cute? It was because of that that I even ended up tied in a chair anyway, as they wanted to show me their "treasure", and decided to test out their new weapons on me.

"B-Because-It's not nice! You-You can kill someone!"

They both looked at me curiously, smiles on their faces, "Hm? What's wrong with that, sis?"

"We'll make it quick!" Dee promised, his brother holding the knife up and pressing it closer to my neck. I inhaled sharply, terrified at the prospect of death, before squeezing my eyes shut. "Sister?"

"What's wrong? Are you not having fun?" Dum asked. "Isn't this fun?"

Oh, yes. I'm having a blast. I growled, eyes still closed, "Hell no. If you're going to kill me, then go ahead and do it already. You're not planning on letting-" A lump formed in my throat and I turned my head, feeling the blade press against my skin. "You're not planning on letting me live, are you? Then-Then just get it over with! I was okay with you "testing" them out on me so long as you didn't kill me or fatally injure me, but-but..." The things I did so I wouldn't be hated. I felt like a masochist. "I-I don't-I don't want you to kill me..." I didn't want to die.

Such a short life, too. Hm. Why was I so calm right now? My heart was racing like a frantic rabbit hobbling away from a coyote, and yet I can think so calmly now. I was terrified. But I was calm.

Was I accepting death, or...?

Dum retracted the knife so fast it ended up slicing my jaw and cheek, causing me to flinch and let out a small cry of pain. I wasn't expecting that. Dum ended up dropping the knife on the ground as Dee gasped, Dum frantically untying the restraints they had on me. I was so confused. At least, I was until Dee suddenly tackled me in a hug, tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry sis! We didn't mean to make you cry!"

Dum finally managed to get the restraints off and hugged me as well. I frozen, alarmed. I was...crying? I blinked a couple of times, finally taking note of the stinging sensation in my eyes. It was nothing compared to the disturbingly warm liquid trailing down my cheek however. "Yeah! Please stop cryin'. We won't do it again, promise! Ah, brother! Sis is bleeding!"

...I kinda missed Pierce and Boris at this point. On the bright side, at least I wasn't being tackled with kisses.

"What do we do!? Sis is gonna die!"

I looked at them strangely. "Just because I'm bleeding doesn't mean I'm going to die. I've been shot before, remember?"

"Ah! Don't die sis!" They cried, tightening their grips on me.

"You're an outsider, so you're fragile!"

"Yeah! So that means if you get a cut you'll die an' we won't see you again!"

...I'm blaming Alice for this. I sighed and shook my head wrapping my left arm around Dum, while using my sleeve to wipe the blood off of my cheek. I winced when the cloth brushed against the wound, but pressed it against it to absorb a little more of the blood and to try and stop the bleeding. It was just a cut. A long cut that made me bleed, yeah, but still a cut. I've had worse. Once I was done, I removed my arm from Dum and ruffled Dee's hair, causing him to blink at me. He and Dum stared at me in confusion.