Strangled Truth

My mother. My mother was a nice, kind, and beautiful woman. I believed Nightmare. He knew her. She fell in love but left Wonderland despite her feelings, all for the fact that her parents needed her.

But her parents were dead. Nightmare had rid her of those painful memories in an attempt to give her a chance at happiness. He regretted that action. He told me that he knew from the start that I was related to her, and that that was partially the reason why he had Peter bring me here to Wonderland. He said he erased Alice's memories of her sister's death from her mind to give her a chance, but said the only reason why he let me keep my painful memories is because he didn't want me to make the same choice as my mother.

I thanked him. I didn't want to forget Sarah or Jack. I didn't want to forget Erin or Conner, or Derek and my father... I didn't want to forget any of them. He let me keep those memories because they not only were a major part of my life, but because he didn't want me making a mistake, to choose a "bad end".

I was annoyed as all hell, though. Me keeping my memories just made it that much harder to make a choice-to make the choice when my vial got filled.

And right now, in my room, I was scowling unhappily as I stared at my more-than-half-empty vial. It wasn't even a quarter filled! It was starting to piss me off. I've been here-what? A month? I've stopped counting. It also didn't help that my phone liked to randomly die and recharge itself. It seemed to only work during the evenings. It died at night time and glitched during the mornings, so I wasn't able to text anyone, and only worked completely during the evenings. I then remembered as I stared at the vial that I needed to take my medicine.

I scrunched my nose up and reached my hand out to the desk beside me, placing my vial down and grabbing my small medicine bottle. I quickly uncapped the lid and poured the liquid into it, trying to scowl as I reluctantly drank the nasty thing. It tasted horrible! Almost as bad as the gross cherry cough syrup. I hated that stuff. The only reason I was drinking it was because my wound was almost completely healed, and would be within a few more time periods as long as I kept taking my medicine like I was supposed to. Apparently since the medicine was made for "Wonderlanders" as I so kindly dub them, it made my wounds heal much faster than usual and took away almost all pain. Bullet wounds usually take months, but it's only been a month and it's practically healed.

"Blegh." I made a face and scowled, putting the cap back on the bottle. Disgusting. "Nasty." It was understandable why Nightmare never wanted to drink his medicine, but to refuse to go to the hospital...? Gray kept trying to convince me to mix his medicine in with his food, but it would just taste horrible if I did so.

I put the bottle back down on the dresser and shoved my potion vial back into my jacket pocket. Surprisingly I haven't lost it yet. I'm generally bad at keeping things. I go to hide something and I completely forget where I even put it in the first place! I yawned loudly and stretched, careful not to kick or touch any of my drawings with my feet, and sneezed. Freaking allergies, man... I'm so glad Wonderland doesn't have Winter. It would suck then. For some reason, I always got sick during winter. Even worse than usual.

And these stupid allergies-! "Achoo!" Where were they even coming from?

...Wait a minute... Was Amber...? I took notice of all the cat fur on my bed and scowled. I loved cats...but I was allergic to them. No one wonder I kept sneezing so much nowadays; I kept forgetting about my allergy medicine. Oddly, I wasn't allergic to Boris. Ironic in a way, I think. "Didn't I run out?" Damn it. That wasn't good. The Tower was filled with nothing but cats because of Gray's kindness. Nightmare didn't complain-he loved animals and they cuddled with and kept him warm. I loved animals, too...