Sudden Cooperation

"What was the point in all this?" I questioned no one, poking at my cheesecake with a fork. Pierce took a bite of his cheese square and smiled, shrugging. It was plain to see that he was enjoying himself. Boris mowed down on a fish meal with a grin, looking at me and saying,

"Because we were hungry and the tower was boring." I scowled at his response and said,

"That's a stupid reason, idiot. We could have-We could have actually used the kitchen or something. I know how to cook for the most part." During my stay here in Wonderland, I have been cooking nonstop for Nightmare, Gray, and myself whenever I was at the tower and around what I considered "dinner time". My father had sent me some very good recipes and dishes on my phone. He seemed to not have even noticed that I was missing. He figured I was just staying at a friend's house or something. Weird, considering I never really left the house.

I did have some messages from Sarah though.

what's happening? :-)

Alexis?

Why you no answer me?

are you okay? what's happening? Alexis?

I scowled and quickly typed, I'm fine. Sorry for the really late reply. I felt like scolding her for her horrible grammar writing skills when it came to texting, but kept quiet about it. Everything is fine. Eating cheesecake in town with cat and mouse. I was too lazy to actually type their names. It was shorter this way and faster. You?

...

Jack's still moping. he's getting better though. I think he's finally getting over ur disappearance. I nearly choked my cheesecake. I ignored Pierce leaning over and licking off some of the cheesecake that got on my face and stared wide-eyed at the message. How-How bad did Jack take my disappearance?

He really was my friend. It wasn't fake. My chest hurt at the information and I felt like crying, but I held it in and typed back after some thought,

That's good. My fingers shook a little as I typed, and I flinched when I accidentally clicked send when there was a typo. He getting any sleep?

Yeah, She replied, my shoulder's currently asleep from him using it.

Aw! How cute. I told her, feeling a smirk spread across my face. I blinked when a finger poked my head, and lifted my gaze to see both Boris and Pierce staring at me. "What?"

Boris grinned, asking, "What's with the smile? Find a good riddle?"

"No. It's just something Sarah told me. Did you find one?"

Boris grinned widely at me, looking rather excited now. "Here's a good one! It's "If ya have it, ya'd like to share it. If ya share it, ya haven't got it". What is it?" I paused, sticking another slice of cheesecake in my mouth. Oh...that's-I don't know if that's a tough or an easy one. What's something you have and would want to share, but can't share it because then you'd lose it?

Pierce. I stilled, holding my breath for a split second before breathing normally again, quickly chewing up my cake and swallowing it. Okay, that's definitely not it... Wait. Pierce. Pierce! I turned my head to look at him with wide eyes, the boy blinking at curiously and in confusion, a piece of cheese stuck on his fork and an inch away from his mouth. If he shares the cheese, then he won't have the cheese anymore. And if I tell him that I like him, it won't be mine anymore! I clapped my hands together excitedly and grinned up at Pierce widely. A small smile tugged at his lips as I turned my head to look back at Boris, exclaiming, "Secret! It's a secret!"