Promises of Protection

I groaned, not really wanting to get up. I was extremely comfy. I turned on the couch and yawned loudly, smiling softly to myself as I rested a hand on the head that was resting on my stomach. Hmm...soft... really soft. Without even fully realizing what I was doing, I started to pet the head that was resting on me, running my thumb across the scalp gently. They have really soft hair...

Wait, what? Groggily opening my eyes, I blinked at the red-and-yellow mop of hair that was underneath my hand, Pierce snoring softly with an adorable look on his face, a smile spread across his face gently. He was...really cute when he was sleeping. But why the hell was he resting his arms and head on my stomach!?

It was true. Pierce had his head resting on his arms, which were located on my stomach. And am I...on Nightmare's couch?

The memories of what happened hit me like whiplash and I groaned. Damn it, Nightmare! Knocking me out like that... JERK! I'm gonna kick your-Wait, hold on...

Nightmare was asleep at his desk, drool trailing down his chin. I snorted and clamped my hand over my mouth, removing it from Pierce's head. Th-That was priceless! If only I had a camera...and my phone was back in my room. Damn. I might have been able to use that for blackmail after carrying him like I did. I looked down at Pierce and poked his head a couple times, causing him to mumble in his sleep.

"Alexis..." My face flared red and I scowled, reaching over and grabbing his ear. He winced and tiredly opened his eyes, looking at me.

"H-Hey, wake-wake up!" Pierce sat up, removing his head from his arms, and allowed me to sit up, "What are you doing in here?"

He tilted his head at me, blinking a couple of times before smiling lazily. "I'm keeping an eye on you-Chuu! Something bad may happen."

"What makes you say that?" Nightmare didn't tell him anything, did he? Before I could continue to try and think of ways he found out about the attack, I felt him snake his arms around my waist as he sat up on his knees and laid his head down on my lap. I tensed, arms hanging awkwardly in the air. W-What-What was he doing!? "P-Pierce!?"

He was silent for a moment before mumbling with a sad frown, "...People might try and hurt you. They're on their way to hurt you because you're special."

I had the intense urge to flick him in the head and push him off of my lap, annoyed and embarrassed at how fast as my heart was racing. "Just who told you about the attack?"

Pierce froze, his ear twitching. I tensed when he raised his head and looked up at me, his soulless eyes boring into mine. "What attack?" His voice deepened-not so much to where it was "dark", but... "Who hurt you?" He lifted himself, placing his hands on the cushions and trapping me in place, leaning forward to where our noses were barely touching. My breath hitched as he locked his eyes with mine. They really were such a lovely shade of green... He narrowed his eyes, asking, "Who made you hurt your ankle?"

"Wh-What?" I asked, leaning my head back at his question. "My ankle isn't hurt."

"It was when the bad kitty brought you here."

"W-Well it's not anymore, so-"

"You hurt you?" He looked like he was on the verge of snapping and going instinctual-as Nightmare has so kindly put it. "Tell me."

"I-I don't know!" I squeaked, turning my head and refusing to look at him. "J-Just some faceless! N-Now-Now get off of me!" I tried to yell at him without waking Nightmare up. He'd wake up when Gray comes in to check up on him.

"Where all did they hurt you? Just your foot?"

I opened my mouth to tell him, but closed it, remembering what happened last time he asked me a similar question. I scowled and scrunched my nose up, turning my head defiantly. I crossed my arms, ignoring the redness of my face and the close proximity.