Chapter 2

Luke decided he would give Ellie some space, he'd wait until she got home later on tonight. He ran his hand over the watch Ellie had given him. It was perfect, he'd had his eye on this for a while. Maybe he should call into her shop to see if she's there.

He wandered through to the bedroom. A deep blue sheer layered dress hung on the door to Ellie's closet, Strapless with a sweetheart neckline, clinched under the bust by a row of sparkly crystals, the dress would flow to her knees. She's look perfect in it.

Grabbing his car keys out of his pocket he decided maybe he should call in on Ellie after all.

****************

Ellie was elbow deep in icing sugar, it was dusted across her cheeks and nose. She was mixing pink food colouring into the frosting when she heard a commotion outside the kitchen door.

'Get out she doesn't want to see you' Jake's furious voice rang out.

Luke

She wasn't ready for this. She didn't want to see him, not yet.

The door swung open with a thud.

'Luke no, she doesn't want to see you.' Maggie screamed.

'I want to see my wife' he bellowed.

'Ellie, I'm sorry, we couldn't hold him any longer.' Maggie said, deeply apologetic and backed out of the kitchen.

'Ellie' Luke sounded desperate.

'Please go away Luke' she carried on frosting the cupcakes.

'Ellie please look at me, surely we can talk about this. He pleaded stressed. She could just imagine him running his hands through his messy brown hair, just as he always did during situations that were stressful. No matter how much he tried to tame his hair, it would always return to it's messy state. Ellie loved it. Just as she loved the man who had broken her.

'Ellie' he reached for her, she moved out of his way and carried on frosting the cupcakes, she didn't want his disgusting hands to touch her, she knew where they'd been, not 2 hours earlier.

'Ellie, don't be like this please.'

'WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND LUKE, I DON'T WANT YOU NEAR ME. I CAN'T BEAR TO LOOK AT YOU' She screamed at him

'Please Ellie, it doesn't have to be like this' he pleaded.

'SO IT'S MY FAULT THAT I'M UPSET THAT I CAUGHT YOU WITH YOUR DICK IN YOUR RECEPTIONIST.'

He flinched 'I didn't mean that Ellie, please just let me explain.' he reached for her again, only to have a plate thrown at his head.

'JUST GO LUKE, I DON'T WANT YOU HERE....just go please.'

She collapsed on the floor, surrounded by shards of broken plate, her arms wrapped around her legs which were drawn up to her chest, rocking herself back and forward.

'It's ok honey, Luke's gone. Don't cry sweetie, Maggie's here.'.

'Do you want to come home with me now.' Maggie asked.

'Yes please.'

****************************************

Maggie's house was small but cosy, her husband worked in as a gardener but had recently put his back out and was now making himself comfortable at home, much to Maggie's annoyance, but she loved him. She'd do anything for him. Ellie watched the two interact whilst sitting on Maggie's comfortable sofa. She watched the way the two moved together, the secret smiles they shared. Ellie wanted a love like that.