Chapter 14

Ellie and Luke entered the beautiful hotel hand in hand, outwardly Ellie and Luke looked the perfect couple, inside Ellie felt awful. Wearing a flared knee length layered royal blue dress that if anything accentuated her little bump, her hand in shaking in her husband's, Ellie was terrified, she'd only attended a few of her husband's functions when he first took over the company, after a while things started to go downhill and instead Ellie chose to spend those nights with Ben and Jerry's. Luke gripped her palm a little tighter and squeezed, offering reassurance.

'It's ok, Ellie. Just stay next to me ok, I won't leave your side.' Luke bent and captured her lips with his own,  'I promise ok, just you and me against this ugly lot.'

Ellie's heart felt like it was trying to beat its way out of her chest. Luke looked gorgeous in his tux. Luke had changed the décor in most of his hotels. The lobby was large and old fashioned, a Victorian kind of feel, with shiny black floor and cream accents. It was beautiful. Ellie followed Luke into the new spa, it was beautifully done, again she silently congratulated Luke on a job well done.

Luke led Ellie one of the large function rooms were they would be served a three course dinner, Luke smiled and chatted to various people, most were very nice others less so, women glared at Ellie as she nervously clutched her husband's hand.

Dinner went smoothly, although she found herself bored to tears, it was what came after that Ellie hated, exactly what she feared would happen, inevitable happened. Luke was giving a tour of the spa, when she was shoved against the nearby wall. The trashy blonde, she hoped she wouldn't have to see again popped up in front of her on the arm of one of Luke's friends.

Luke groaned aloud when he saw Jack enter with Ashley, he watched in horror as they made straight for Ellie, who was busy smelling some lotions, he tried to excuse himself from the group he was talking to and tried to get to Ellie.

'God knows why Luke chose you over me, look at you, plain, boring, ugly...I think those where the words Luke used to describe his boring little wife, not to mention frigid, mustn't forget that. Luke hated coming home to you, do you know that. When he got into your bed, he was busy texting me where he wanted to fuck me next, did you know that?' Ashley sneered and stepped closer.

'You know you're looking a little fat.' Ashley prodded her tummy.

'I suggest you take your hand away from my pregnant wife Ashley. Jack take your little bitch home. She knows she's not welcome here or at any Anderson establishments.'

'She's pregnant' Ashley screeched, lifting her hand to smack Ellie. As if by magic, two huge security guards appeared and towed Ashley away kicking and screaming.

'I'm sorry Ellie. What she said, it's all bullshit, you know that right. Please say you know that. I may have done wrong but I would never say anything about you to anyone else. Please don't leave me.' He gripped Ellie's face and bought his face closer.

'Please Ellie, I know we should have stayed at home. I hate these stupid functions. Unfortunately PR say it's good for business. Ellie, please say something. Ellie why are you laughing?'

'Luke, shut up please, lets go home.' Ellie giggled as she saw the panicked look in Luke's eyes. He was telling the truth she knew that, she had no reason to disbelieve him, far he'd been pretty straight forward.

Luke took Ellie's hand and bought it to his lips.

'I love you so much Ellie. Thank you for believing me. When I saw her go straight for you, I knew she was out for blood. I could practically see the cogs turning in that crazy head of hers.'

'Oh my god. Luke look at your car.'  There was glass everywhere, every single window was smashed.

'Oh baby, I think we pissed her off.' Luke chuckled, but behind it Ellie could sense his nervousness. What would she do next?

**********************

Luke woke to the persistent ringing of Ellie's phone, he could hear Ellie being sick in the bathroom, reaching over to grab it before it rang of for the third time he quickly answered the call

'Hello'

'Oh my god, Luke is that you?' Maggie's frantic voice rang out.

'Yeah, it's Luke, Ellie's in the bathroom being sick. Can I pass her a message?'

'Luke is the shop'

*******************

Luke pulled up his low sweatpants and went into the bathroom, propping himself up against the wall. Ellie's face was plastered with sweat, her hair stuck to her face, which was now very pale. His heart threatened to burst out of his chest when she sent him one of her beautiful smiles.

'Hi, was that my phone ringing?' she asked, getting up and turning on the shower.

Luke grabbed her hand and pulled her down next to him.

'Baby, please come and sit down for a minute?' Luke pushed her hair behind her ears.

'Is everything ok?' she asked

'Ellie, when Maggie went to open up the shop today, she found it had been completely destroyed.'

'Destroyed. How?' a tear rolled down her cheeks.

'Baby it was burnt to the ground.'