Chapter 3

* A MONTH BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED*

"Who is she?" I screamed while hysterically crying?

Sitting in front of me Kyle just fell silent.

Why isn't he looking at me?!

"Look at me Kyle! Who is she?"

Slowly making eye contact he says "A friend, she's just a friend Ali "

"It doesn't look like it. She isn't making it clear that's all you guys are. You promised not again!" My heart is aching.

"Ali we never said we were exclusive" Doesn't he understand. I didn't have to say it.

"Are you joking?"

"We aren't together. We never were"

"Kyle, we aren't together? So what does it mean when you get upset with me for talking to a guy. Saying I'm only yours. Is it that I can only be yours, but you don't get to be mine?"

______________________________

Present Day

"Hey, you okay?" May asks, bringing me back to reality.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." Liar.

"You sure"

I know and smile in assurance. I hate thinking about him.

"So anything interesting happen with Evan?" Crap I forgot about what I did last class.

"Define interesting?" I smile and laugh.

"SPILL."

"Well, I sort of yelled at him and said he---"

"Wait you yelled at him?" She starts laughing hysterically. Sounding like a dying hyena.

"Ms. Rose and Ms. Waters, pay attention." Ms. Johnson scoffs at us with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"I'll tell you after class, let's not get detention."

*Lunch*

"So what exactly did you tell him Ali?" May asks too excitedly. This not going to go well.

"Umm..well. So I sort of thought he was staring at me so I confronted him about it--"

"BECAUSE HE WAS STARING AT YOU! YOU'RE CRAZY" May is enjoying this.

"Okay, I'm not explaining this anymore"

"I'm joking, I mean you are crazy, but still. Tell me."

"Well the point is I yelled at him to stop staring and speak to me, and well. He said that he wasn't staring at me, and he didn't have a thing for girls like me anyways. Stuck up ones."

"You're not stuck up Ali. A bit of f*cking psycho but not stuck up. Just wait it out."

I don't care about Evan. Let him think that way about me. She hasn't realized what date Friday is anyways, but I do. I don't mind, it wasn't her relationship to remember when Kyle and I got together, but this is such a difficult time.

* 3 years ago.*

"Ali, I don't know how to say this, but here it goes."

He's going to tell me, he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. Crap. I knew this was coming.

"Ali, I know we said things yesterday about how we feel. Our friendship is important and I just want-"

"Its okay, I understand. We're better off as friends I get--"

"No F*ck, that's not what I mean. I mean I love our friendship, and that's why I'm telling you this first. Ali I want you. I don't want to just be your friend. I want to hold you, I want to be more than the friend you run to. I want you to be mine, and only mine."

"What?"

"F*ck, you don't want that do you?"

"Kyle.." I slowly look up and into his dark brown eyes, they've become so soft. I grab his shirt and pull him close to me, going on my tippy toes placing my lips on his. "I want you too."

_______________________________

What happened to us Kyle?

"Ali, are you sure you're okay?"

Oh yeah, no I'm fine. I guess being hungry has me super scatterbrained. I smile, giving May assurance.

After school, May takes me directly home. She still hasn't brought it up. I guess she did forget. Oh well, I'll just binge watch Criminal Minds or Game of Thrones maybe.

We arrive to my house, but before I get out of the car May grabs my arm.

"Ali, I'm not stupid. I know what this Friday is. I wish it wouldn't bother you as much anymore. He was a dick, but I get it. It's only been a month and 3 weeks. I'll pick you up at seven. I'll bring ice cream and 10 Things I Hate About You. Love you."

" I literally thought you forgot, and I was so nervous about this. I know I shouldn't be as upset about it. I'll get there I promise." liar.

" I love you May"

"Love you too Ali. What are bestfriends for" I close the door and she drives off.

I am a complete mess.

*Sorry this chapter was super short. I promise next one will be longer. So many things going on right now. Like , Share, Comment. Feedback is welcomed!*