Chapter 11:

My body becomes stiff , and my heart begins to ache. A lump in my throat forming, and the streams of water are starting to break free. I quickly wipe my eyes, before Evan notices. We've already made our way outside of Chick-Fil-A and he hasn't seemed to notice my sudden shift in mood.

"Evan can you please let me go?" Please don't, I don't think I'll be able to stand. Who was that girl anyways?

"Alexia, we're almost to the car, I'm not putting you down yet. That's very non-prince charming like." He laughs, I can feel him breathing. I lay my head on his chest, and he doesn't tense up. I can sense him struggle to grab the keys from his pocket.

"Alexia do me a favor and get the keys from my front pocket?"

I look at him with a blank expression on my face. Hopefully he doesn't see my tear stained cheeks.

"Never mind I can grab them. Wrap your arms around my neck meanwhile I grab the keys with my other hand."

"Okay" I do as he says and he fishes his pocket for his keys and unlock the car. Struggling to open the door I can't help but giggle. He's really sweet.

" I think I deserve a goodnight kiss for this."

" Prince Charming never expects anything in return for his chivalrous acts"

"Of Course" He plops me down on the front seat and buckles me up. He stares at my face for awhile.

"You were crying?"

"No, what are you talking about?"

"Alexia, your cheeks are flustered, and your eyes look swollen. Plus, your mascara sort of ran."

"Really?!"

"No, it stayed in place. Your reaction answers my question." He gets up, closes the door, and walks to his side to slide in his seat.

" You want to talk about it?"

"Not really?"

"Fine, we can just sit here in silence. We'll listen to music so you can let it all out."

"Evan you can just take me home." I'm going to cry

"No, you're not going to go home sad when you've been having a great night. You don't deserve that"

" He was here."

"Who?"

"The one that has my attention." His body stiffens, and he sits up straight. His brows crease and he just nods sympathetically.

"You're stupid."

"What?" You have to be kidding me.

" Alexia. You're clinging to this guy who moved on already. You've acted lost since the first day of school." He was watching me.

"Evan its not that-"

"Let me talk. Alexia, you closed yourself off. The only reason you're actually here with me tonight is because your bestfriend forced you. I just don't understand what a girl like you is doing obsessing over a guy that-"

"It's our anniversary Evan."

"Really? How long have we been dating?"

I muster a laugh. "It would have been four years, we broke up a month before school started."

"Do you even hear yourself? It would have! That's it, today is just another day. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but you need to hear it. It's been more than what 5-6 months now. He's moved on, and you need to get out there or something. I'm not saying go date every guy out there, but at least try and find yourself instead of throwing yourself a pity party."