Chapter 12

He said I only have ten minutes to get ready? He isn't serious! No, yes he is. So that means if I can plan out correctly I can at least fix myself up? I tell myself running to the shower.

Two Minutes. That's a record, okay he said comfortable. While brushing my teeth I think of what I should wear. Probably just wear some tights, sneakers, and a loose top. I grab the brush and comb through my hair quickly. My hair is suffering tremendously from the harsh strokes, but there is no time to worry about that. I put some mousse in my hair to keep my curly hair from getting frizzy. Then I put on some bb cream, and put it on hastily.

I hear pebbles hitting my window, which only means time is up. I roll my eyes and grab my bag to head downstairs.

My mom comes out of her bedroom, and acts startled to see me. I forget it's still early...for a Saturday that is.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know yet. Might just go to the park with a friend from school."

"Oh okay, be careful."

Wow, no questions. She must still be half-asleep. Without any further interruptions I run downstairs and open the front door. I pretend to look upset at him. Evan gives me a pouty face. Uncontrollably I let out a snicker.

"That was quick. Twelve minutes. Nice job Alexia."

"Yeah, well I didn't have much of a choice did I?"

"No." He smirks. He continues to stare at me, and I must look confused so he points to the car, and gestures me to get in.

I can smell the lingering scent of the banana walnut bread, and my white mocha. Evan hands me the coffee and bread. I enjoy my "breakfast" as he starts the car.

"Do you want some?" I place the bread in front of his mouth.

He takes a bite out of the bread, and accidentally bites my finger.

"Owe, what the hell!" I yelp.

He laughs while finishing the last bit of his piece bread.

"Sorry, I was trying to be cute."

I roll my eyes, and just smile.

"So Evan, where are we going anyways? "

A devilish smile crosses his face, and he puts his hand to his mouth gesturing the "My lips are sealed" movement.

I lay back and just enjoy my coffee, as the music keeps us company on our way to wherever our destination is.

___________________________________

We're at one of those major hiking trails we have in Oakland.

"You ready to hike the Lake Chabot Trail?"

"Um...not really. I hope you're not planning on murdering me here?"

"Oh silly, If I was I wouldn't tell you that." He winks.

He grabs his backpack, apparently stocked up with food to eat, and plenty of water and Gatorade.

"I'm actually glad you wore a comfy outfit, and didn't try to do more. You look pretty."

"Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." He really doesn't.

"Okay lets go. I charged your phone. Just in case you want to take pictures, or your mom calls."

MAY! OH SHIT! We were going to go to the mall today.

"Actually I need to make a quick call."

I quickly dial May, hoping she picks up. She normally doesn't wake up until twelve on Saturdays.

"I swear you better be on the verge of dying, or close to dying Alexia." Well she sounds pleasant this morning.

"Um...actually. I just wanted to let you know that I wont be able to make it today. Something just knocked on my window surprisingly."

"Bullshit, why can't you come? I can't believe you're bailing on me bitch!"

" Well you know how I went out with Evan last night."

"Yeah"

"Okay well he stopped by my house this morning holding my phone hostage unless I came hiking with him. So I don't know what time I'll be--"

"You're with Evan again! That's amazing! Why are you talking to me then skank! Have fun. Love you, stay STD free." May clicks. That wasn't surprising.

"I didn't hold your phone hostage. Technically you could have just said no to coming." Evan spits back bitterly.

"Don't start. Let's go." As if on cue, he smiles and holds out his arm.

"No." I give him a gentle shove, and we start walking.

"Alexia?"

"Yeah Evan?"

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to come off so bitter. Plus girls probably tell their friends the same thing when it comes to me. So maybe I was being a hypocrite."

"It's okay Evan. You were just being an honest friend. I appreciate it very much."

We walk in silence for awhile before my clumsiness takes control and I trip over a branch.

"Evan!" I yelp. Before I hit the ground a pair of familiar hands take grasp of my waist. The chill spreads throughout my body. He pulls me close to him giving me a tight hug.

"You okay stupid?" He whispers into my ear.

"Um Yeah...thank you for not letting me fall."

" Well yeah, the only falling you'll be doing today is falling in love with me." He smiles.

"I'm sure." We continue off into the trail. Just laughing, and talking about ourselves.

Evan walks at a pace where I can make sure I don't fall behind. Although my legs are beginning to kill me.

" Hey Evan do you think we can stop here for a bit? My legs are sort of hurting."

"Yeah, look there's a bench over there just up ahead. We can eat something."

We walk to the bench, and Evan takes out two waters and two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"Thank you kind Sir."

"Anytime My lady."

I laugh, and before I can take a bite of my sandwich, Evan calls my name. I turn to look at him, but instead I meet his lips.

A/N: I'm very sorry to not have updated in so long. I have been so busy, and for a while I needed to find myself again before I had the strength to continue Alexia's journey. Anyways I'll be updating more frequently from now on. Love you guys!