Chapter 13

Realizing what my lips collided into. I quickly pulled away. My cheeks turned a bright red, and I looked away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize how close I was to you."

He didn't respond.

" I didn't mean too, I just happened to turn and you were so close that when I turned my face was aligned enough that my lips quickly pecked yours."

No response. I can't look at him, what if he is just trying to think of a way to tell me something nice on how we're just friends. It was an accident.

"Evan" Gathering enough courage, I turned to face him.

He was eating his sandwich. "Evan?"

He swallowed his food. "Alexia I get that it was an accident. We can move on now. Just eat your food."

"Oh okay." I started to take small bites of my sandwich. Then I swallowed it as if I were a vacuum sucking in dirt.

As we finished the last of our food, he began packing up. "Okay, so we have like half a mile left, and we'll be able to get to the hidden waterfall."

"There's a hidden waterfall? I never heard of anyone going there?"

"Alexia. Hence the word Hidden. As in only those who know of it, go."

"Oh, right" I muttered.

"Okay grab your stuff. Lets go."

We walked in unison and while Evan was focused on the trail. I was focused on the kiss that should not have happened. It happened so suddenly that I would understand how he could act like if it were nothing. It was anything but nothing, I felt a small jolt of electricity. Maybe it was the fatal attraction, and the loneliness I felt after seeing Kyle. I know it was wrong to use someone to get over a wound someone else inflicted on you, but Evan was the king of using girls anyway.

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head as Evan called my name. "Alexia follow my steps because we're going to have to go down this rocky trail that goes down hill. I don't want your accident prone ass to fall and I have to rescue you."

" And here I thought, that's what prince charming was supposed to do."

"You can't always rely on Prince Charming. Sometimes he's the one holding the knife."

"Wow, that's deep."

"I know, let's go."

Going down the rocky path was a such a bitch. I think I may have scraped myself on something, but I didn't want to tell Evan. So I let it go. It's nothing anyways.

"Are we almost there? I feel like this the part in tv shows where the couple finds the dead body, or becomes one."

"Alexia that's not gonna happen. We're not a couple, so therefore the logic wont apply to us." Okay that wasn't the point, but whatever.

"Yeah okay Evan."

Suddenly I heard water streaming, I couldn't make out exactly what direction it was coming from, but it was near.

"You hear it?" He looked at me smiling in triumph.

"Yes!" I rolled my eyes. What an arrogant prick.

"We're close. Lets go."

We continue our journey to find this hidden waterfall. Then all at once, Evan stops moving. I get ready to yell at him and he quickly pulls me into his arms, covering my mouth. What's he doing. Fear crawls up my spine. Then I look to see what his eyes are fixated on. Right in front of us is a brown bear eating what could possibly be huckleberries.