Chapter 9

Did he just agree with her? Why is his hand on my waist? Why does my body not want him to let go? Must be me just missing Kyle.

"You ready babe?" He looks at me, hand still at my side.

"Errr...uh yeah." My body is tense and Evan can probably sense that.

"Have a good day you two!" The cashier blurts out as we're walking away.

As soon as we make a smooth getaway I glare at Evan as he lets go and starts walking casually.

"Why'd you say we were a couple? And I'm not a fireball!"

"Relax Alexia, it's just why not agree with them rather than deal with an awkward situation explaining to them that I'm just taking you out as a friend. Don't over think it, you don't have to worry about my intentions, I don't see you that way."

Ouch.

"Oh you're right I guess" I smile. "So what's next on our agenda?"

"Well we can go to the mall, or because it's a Friday night we can try bowling, miniature golfing, or go-cart racing" He says excitedly.

"Well I don't want to get home late either?"

"Relax Alexia it's only five" he shakes his head. God I'm such a dork.

"Okay, how about I kick your ass at miniature golf!"

"I'm sure you will." He winks. "Let's go"

We walk silently to the car. Mostly because I don't know what to say without sounding dumb.

"You okay?"

"hm...oh. hah Yeah I'm fine, just dazing off."

"I figured, you were walking to the wrong car."

Very smooth Ali. Wait, stop wanting to flirt with him. He literally just said he didn't see you that way, and you're not over Kyle.

"Oops. I meant to do that of course." When we finally make it to the car, Evan's too preoccupied texting on his phone he doesn't see the parking bumper as he's walking.

"Evan watch your-"

"FU*K!" He screams as he goes down slowly.

"Step..."

"Crap! Are you okay?" I ask trying to hold back the laughter burning in my throat. I extend my arm to support him back up, but he just swats it away.

"I'M FINE! That wasn't funny!" He hisses!

I look at him blankly not knowing what to say. His gaze meets mine and the anger flushes away and he starts smiling.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get mad at you, it's just I don't like to embarrass myself too much. Unless it's on purpose."

"Wait, that wasn't on purpose? Wow, I thought it was!" I giggle

"Very funny, get in the car fatness."

"Of course, fireball" I smirk

Sitting in the car watching Evan rub his knee from his stumble. "So do you still want to go mini-golfing?"

"Of course. It's your day."

"Oh okay, which one?"

"How about Miniature World of Golfing? It's about twenty minutes away. That way, as I'm beating you we can get to know each other better."

"Yeah, that sounds fun."

"Okay, now back and enjoy the ride. Also, you can enjoy the performance I'm about to put on for you."

"Oh God please no!" I raise my hands to cover my ears.

________________________________

Thankfully Evan didn't sing the whole way here. Although it is cute when he gets into the song. We're currently waiting in line to pay for our entrance to the mini-golf course. I'm creating a plan so I could pay for this. When it's our turn to pay, I tap Evan on the shoulder to tell him his shoes untied. As he looks down I gently push him aside, and take out my wallet.

"Hi for two please!" I smile

The cashier a guy this time, about 23 is laughing at my thought out plan to pay.

"That'll be eighteen do-"

"What are you doing?" A very pissed off tone is coming from my right side.

"Paying, duh!"

"Alexia stop. Don't charge her. I'm paying."

"No charge me. I'm paying. He paid for our food, isn't it only fair we share payments of the day!"

The cashier is just staring at us. "Uhh...I don't care who pays but as long as you pay, and right away. You guys are holding up the line."

Evan puts his arm in front of me, blocking me from moving. While using his free hand to grab his wallet and pay. The cashier hands us our gold clubs and the golf balls. A green and blue one.

"I was supposed to pay Evan."

"I'm happy that you want to pay for me, but like I said earlier. Today is your day, and I'll pay. It was my idea to hangout anyways."

"I don't want you to feel like I'm taking advantage of you. We could have at least split it."

"Okay how about next time we hangout, I'll let you pay."

'Fine." wait next time? There's gonna be a next time?

He hands me the green golf ball and we choose which course we'll be doing. We chose course C because it was the emptiest. That way we can still have time to do another one. Evan wants me to go first, Ladies First he mentioned. So I walk to the front of our first hole. It's a standard small course, with a few dips and a curve at the edge where the hole is. I can do this.

"You ready to lose sweetheart?" He winks

"Not a chance, sweetheart."