Chapter 6

12:01 A.M. Happy Anniversary Kyle. I glare at the clock for a second longer. I know it shouldn't hurt this much but it does. Tomorrow is going to be a shitty day, and by tomorrow I mean today. I don't really count right now as today yet because it's still night out. Anyways if I sleep now I'll have 5 hours of sleep. Okay we can do this Ali.

_________________________________________-

6:09 A.M.

I don't feel so good. Maybe I'm suffering from a terrible illness. You are, it's heartbreak sweetheart. I better start getting ready, I feel like shit maybe I can look the part too. I grab my phone and I see May texted me around 1:30 last night (this morning).

May: I'm hoping you're at least asleep right now and not laying awake at night drowning in your tears because you are so much better than that. Anyhow, I love you Ali. Don't think I don't, and I also understand why it might hurt so much. A three year relationship can't be forgotten in about 6 months, but you can't hold onto this any longer. I'm here, and you need to put yourself out there again. We need to get our hearts broken every now and then in order to realize who the one truly is. I'll see you at school, and please do not dress like hobo. Wear something sexy ;) See you at school my little slut.

May is the damn best friend I could ever ask for. I guess hobo chic is out of the picture for todays outfit. Damn, I was really looking forward to that too. I'll just pick out my ash grey halter midi, and a black eyelash lace kimono with my black Docs. Easiest outfit, and very comfortable!

7:25 A.M.

Wow, I'm surprisingly early. Guess today just has me awake hoping I'll get a miracle text from Kyle. My make up even came out looking decent. Normally it looks smeared, but right now it actually has stayed in place. I recently started using make up this year, and by make up I don't mean professionally contouring, no I just stick to mascara, nude pink eyeshadows, bb cream, and eyebrow pomade. If I could do my make up really well, I wouldn't hesitate. It's very exciting to use!

7:45 A.M.

Finished eating my cereal, my curly hair is getting quite long. Going about 2-3 inches under my boobs. My hair is more of a loose S curl, not too curly. I like it. It complements my light brown hair. That's what mom and may say at least. My sister Grace has straight hair, and her hair is a tad lighter than mine. I can hear my phone beep telling me I have a message.

May: Tell your mom I'm taking you to school today. I'll be there in five, be ready.

Thank the Lord. Oh May, my princess in shining armor.

I can hear May's deafening music blasting from her car from my kitchen. I grab my backpack and walk to the front.

"You're going to blow your eardrums." I yell at her while getting in the car.

"Oh shut up" She sticks her tongue out at me and starts to drive off.

After we park, May runs to her class on the opposite side of school while bidding me a farewell and a see you after second period.

Okay inner me, lets pull our shit together. It's just another Friday.

________________________________

So May ditched me during nutrition, sending me about twenty apology texts. I had to eat alone, but at least I'd eaten. Apparently she had to stay in for talking back to her teachers.

As I start walking to third period I feel someone tug on my arm. I wonder who that could be?

Oh shit, not who I expected at all. Jessica Hots, I mean Hawks.

"Hi Alexia" she smiles, and I know all to well if that smile could kill me, her mission would be accomplished.

"Umm..Hi Jessica" I say back to her, keeping my head held high. I can't show weakness of course.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to know what the deal is with you and Evan. Since he took you home and all"

That's what this is about...of course.

" Look Jessica there is nothing, I repeat nothing going on with Evan. I honestly don't know why he even took me home, but he did. If that bothered you so much you should have said something. I am in no place to tell you something, but please don't drag me into your problems with Evan."

"Wow, you aren't that sweet are you. No one is even buying your innocent little act. Everyone knows you're obsessing over him. Seriously staring at him in class, and looking for him so you can accidently bump into him. That's pathetic." she grins.

I don't really know what to say, even if I tell her it was all really an accident she wouldn't believe me.

" You're right, I'm obsessing over him. I'll stop."

"Good, I'm glad you finally admitted it. Just stay away from him." She smiles, hugs me quickly, and walks away.

As if remembering where I was heading, I rush into class taking my seat next to my beloved partner and soon to be the reason for my death. Oh Evan, who knew you would have such an effect on my life.

"Alexia, I just realized you never thanked me for the ride home yesterday. That was very rude of you." He smirks

"Oh I'm sorry, thanks." I give him a small smile before I take out my notebook to start writing down Ms. Scotts notes.

"I'm joking Alexia, what's wrong? Did I upset you?"

No you didn't upset me Evan. It's just that your psycho not girlfriend just gave me the sweetest and most threating conversation of my life, and to top it off it's the anniversary of my ex boyfriend that I still love.

"No I'm fine, it's just you don't have to pretend like we're friends it's totally cool." I smile

He looks down and takes a breath before responding. Wow, navy blue looks really well on him.

" I'm not pretending stupid. I like you. You're the first girl that doesn't drop to her knees begging for a taste of this fine ass. It's like you're immune actually." he laughs

Oh Evan, I am not immune. I may not go begging on my knees for you, but you do have an effect on me.

" Right, oh well okay."

"So we're fine now Alexia."

"You can call me Ali, you know that right."

" I know I can, but I prefer Alexia." He winks.

Does he ever stop flirting?

" So any plans after school?"

" Yeah well I was going to go binge watch romantic comedies with May, and eat a lot of ice cream."

" That's really sad why?"

Why...? I wasn't expecting that.

" Well, today is just a difficult day and I just don't want to be alone, and May is there for me."

He laughs, and stops right in between a smile and a snort. Cute.

" Well, I can't have my friend alone on a difficult day of course. May is relieved of her duty for today and I am stepping in. I'll pick you up from class after sixth."

The bell rings. Wait, did class really just end already? Evan is picking me up after class, he can't. It's my day with May. I look at Evan again to look for any hint of sarcasm or humor. He looks back at me and smiles.

"I'm serious by the way. I'll see you after school, bestie." With that goodbye he gets up and walks to his next class.

I guess this is the start of something amazing. Who knew it would start this quick. Oh brother, I'm in deep.

It's my ex-boyfriends and mines would be 4th year anniversary, and instead of spending it with my bestfriend. I might spend it with Oakland's hottest male specimen. Just great.

A/N: Let me know what you guys think! Love you guys <3