t h i r t e e n

Niall's pov

Today is Kelsey's first day of physical therapy. I think I'm more nervous than she is.

"Baby, you need to wake up sweetheart." I said shaking her gently trying not to hurt her.

"Do I have too?" She groaned rubbing her eyes. 

"I'm sorry princess, but we need to get ready to go to physical therapy. Mum brought you some clothes." I got a hum in response and helped her up.

"Do you want mum to help you while I get food?" I asked and she nodded. 

"I'll send her in." I said kissing her and found mum in the waiting room.

"Good morning mum." I said making her flinch because she didn't hear me coming.

"Hi my love, how's Kelsey." She asked standing up.

"She's doing okay. I was wondering if you could help her get dressed." I asked and she nodded.

"Oh of course." 

"Okay, I'm gonna go get some food for us I'll try and be quick." I said kissing her cheek and heading to the cafeteria.

"Excuse me. Can I get some pancakes?" I asked the older lady.

"Sure thing honey. How much?" She asked. 

"Um, 6 please." I asked pulling out my wallet.

"Here you go sweetie. Have a good day." She said waving as I grabbed the bag and headed back to Mum and Kelsey.

"I got pancakes." I said getting them out of the bag and giving each of them two.

"Thank you Niall." They said together and I chuckled

"You both are welcome." I said kissing my mum's cheek and Kelsey's forehead

After we all finished I handed her a water bottle and threw away our trash

"Excuse me. Are you Kelsey?" An older man asked coming into the room. 

"Yes." She said and I could tell that she didn't want to go to her therapy. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Perfect. We need to go upstairs so I brought you a wheel chair."He said putting it on the side of her bed.

"Your friends are welcome to come as well." He said gesturing to me and mum.

"You go with her Niall." Mum said and I nodded.

"Do you want me to help you princess?" I asked and she nodded. I helped her sit up then picked her up and into the wheelchair.

"I'll wheel her down. Go ahead and lead us." I said, he nodded walking out and I followed. 

"What exactly are we gonna be doing?" She asked. 

"Well we are going to see how well you can stand on your own, test some of your reflexes and maybe some stretches." He explained as we got into the elevator.

"So are you the boyfriend then?" He asked starring at me and I nodded proudly 

"Oh no Ni." 

"What love?"

"The ring. It might've gotten damaged or lost." She said sadly as the elevator dinged. 

"Liam called the other day saying that he found it on his coffee table." I said and her face washed with relief 

"oh. thank goodness." She said as I wheeled her into the room that the man went in. 

"Could you get her out?" He asked and I nodded.

"Come on princess." I said lifting her up.

"Okay. come over to these bars please?" I carried her over to the two bars that were side by side.

"Kelsey, I need you to grab the bars to hold you up." I held her steady as she grabbed the bars. I saw that her hands were on I let go slowly.

"Good now can you slide over to the edge." He said and I became worried. She starting sliding I saw her arms wobble and that cause me to move closer. She slid again and fell. Thanks to me being close I caught her.

"I can't do anything Niall."

>>>>>>>>>>

Yay for new chapter! Please go leave some questions on the character ask because I am ending that soon and I want everyone to have a chance to get their questions in. thanks again.