Chapter 2: Dinner and a Question

(Rachel's POV)

There's a knock on our door. 

"That must be Ross! Quick, start cleaning, or something!" I say

"No, it's fine. I'm in my jammies, I'll just tell him I'm too tired or something." She says.

That moment, Ross walked in. Boy, he's looking handsome! He's wearing black pants and a yellow button-up. Look at that; we match!

I look at him and smile like an idiot. "You look great," I tell him.

"So do you! I obviously like the color of your outfit. You look very cute." He says and winks.

"Why, thank you Mr. Geller." I blush and wink.

"Mon, you sure you don't want to come with us?" Ross asks.

"I'm sure. I'm pretty tired from cleaning and unpacking all day. I think I'll just watch a movie and go to bed." Mon said. I mouthed her a 'thank you' and she smiled and waved us goodbye as Ross and I left.

(Ross' POV)

We're walking out of the dorm building, and Rachel's walking in front of me at the moment. Gosh, she's just so beautiful! That yellow jumpsuit looks perfect with her golden brown hair and blueish gray eyes. We're at the edge of the sidewalk now, waiting to cross the street. Just then, she grabbed my hand.

"Hold hands as you cross the street!" Rachel says just like a kindergarten teacher. She's adorable. I laugh a little.

We get to my car, and I open the door for her. "Thank you! You're such a gentleman!" she compliments.

"I try." I say and wink as I close her door. She giggles.

I get in my car and stare at the girl in my front seat. She's just perfect.

"Uh, Ross?" She pulls me out of my trance.

"Oh, uh, sorry, Rach. I was, uh, thinking." I laugh nervously.

"Uh, okay. So where are you taking me tonight?" She asks.

"You'll see." I say.

(Rachel's POV)

We pulled up to a cute little restaurant. 

"You do like Italian, right?" Ross asks as he parks and pulls the emergency break.

"I do." I say. He gets out and opens my door. How sweet. He holds his hand out and helps me out of the car.

"Thank you," I say as he shuts the car door. He just nods and leads me to the front door of the restaurant. 

The hostess showed us to our table. We got a booth toward the back. I've never been here before, but the thing I like most about it so far is that there's curtains so you can close off your booth and make it more private.

Until we ordered, and our food came, we mostly had awkward small talk. I closed the curtain.

"So Ross," I say

"So Rachel," Ross says.

Okay. I need to tell him about my feelings, because supposedly he has feelings for me.

"Okay, well, I'd like to start with , I really missed you!" I say and smile.

"Really? I've missed you, too!" he says.

"Aw," I smile. "Anyway, after I broke up with Chip, I realized you're a really great guy, and I really like you." I admit. There, I said it. It's out in the open now.

"Wow, Rach. Really?" he asked with the biggest smile. "I've liked you since I was in 9th grade!" He says.

"Really?" At this point, I'm smiling like an idiot. He smiles and nods.

"Okay. I have to do something now. It might be inappropriate, so just tell me after I do it." I say.

"Wha-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his. We separate and I look into his eyes.

(Ross' POV)

Rachel just kissed me! She pulls me out of my trance, and asks, "Was that okay?"

"It was more than okay, Rachel." I say and smile at her.

"Good," she says, "cause I really liked it."

"Yeah? Well I think you would have enjoyed it more, had I been prepared for the kiss." I said.

"Okay, then get ready for this," she said and kissed me again, this time longer and more passionately.

"Was I right?" I ask, winking.

"Ehh," Rachel said and laughed. We laughed for about 10 minutes, and the waitress came and asked what we wanted for dessert. 

"Cheesecake with that strawberry sauce." Rachel ordered. "And for you?" the waitress asked me.

Before I could answer, Rachel said, "He doesn't want anything, thank you."

"Hey, I wanted dessert! And I'm paying, so what does it matter?" I ask.

"I just thought we could share." she says.

"Great idea," I say. Then the waitress brings our cheesecake. 

I stuck my finger in the strawberry sauce, and put it on Rachel's nose.

"Hey! What'd you do that for?" Rachel laughs.

"I thought it'd be fun." I admitted.

"And was it?" she asks.

"Not as fun as this'll be. Open." She opens her mouth and I feed her a bite of cheesecake and I kiss her.

"I'd say that was fun." she laughs. Her laugh is just so cute. So is she, though, so it all works out.

(Rachel's POV)

This is the best date I've ever been on! Ross is so sweet. He's not a bad kisser, either. After laughing for about 5 more minutes, Ross gets up and grabs my hand. "Ready?" he asks. 

"I am," I say and step out of the booth. Ross pays for the wonderful meal.

We got in the car. It's only 8:30, and it's not totally dark out yet. It's the perfect temperature, too.

"Rach?" he asks.

"Yes, Ross?" I answer.

"Do you want to go for a walk in the park?" he proposes.

"Sure! That'd be fun!" I say.

He pulls over by the park and helps me out of the car again. He's just so sweet.

(Ross' POV)

Rachel and I are walking through the park. We sit down on a bench.

"Rach," I start, "tonight was really fun."

She stops me and says, "It was fun? It's not anymore?" she jokes.

"You know what I mean," I say. She laughs. "So anyway, this is such a fun night and I've told you that I've had a crush on you since I was in 9th grade." I pause.

"It really has been a great night. This is the best date I've ever been on, and it's not even over yet!" Rachel says. This relaxes me.

"Good. I'm so glad you're having fun. Can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Yes, Ross. What is it?" she asks.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask.

_______________________________________

Dun, dun, dunnn!! Hahaha. I'm really proud of this part. I really like it for some reason. :) Anyway, leave a comment/vote if you liked it! Thank you for reading!