Chapter 16: Spring Break part 3

They continue staring at us for what seems like years until Ross speaks again. "Well..?" Ross asks.

"You guys are an item?" Mrs. Geller asks.

"Since when? Why haven't you told me anything about this?" my mom asks. I felt like I was being interrogated!

"For about 6 months," Ross smiles. I smile along with him.

"Six months??" My mom asks shocked. "And you didn't even bother to tell me?"

"We wanted to tell you in person. And together." I try to defend myself.

"And what is Ross, uh, going to college for?" my dad asks.

"I'm studying paleontology, sir." Ross says. "I plan to go on to get my masters and then hopefully my doctorate." I smile at his confidence. He's nothing like Monica's geeky brother that I used to know.

"That's great, Ross!" my mom says. "Isn't that great, sweetie?" She turns to my dad. He just nods.

"Good luck, uh, Ross, is it.."

"Yes. That you sir," Ross nods.

"We're going to have a swim before it gets too dark. So if I don't see you before you leave, bye!" I kiss my dad's cheek.

"Have fun, sweetie," my mom says and continues talking to Mr. and Mrs. Geller.

Walking back to the pool, Ross grabs my hand and I look up at him and smile. "That was so great! You weren't even nervous!" I say and sink into his side laughing.

"Glad it didn't look like it. I was terrified! He let out a sigh of relief. I hit his chest.

"Well you did great. I love you." I say proudly.

"I love you, too!" He says and jumps in the pool splashing me.

"Hey!!" I squeal.

"Aren't you coming in?" he asks.

"Maybe.." I giggle. Just then he pulls me in, and I splash his face. "Are you kidding me??" I laugh.

He kisses me. "Nope!" He kisses me again, this time more passionately. "I love you." He says when we separate.

"I love you, too." I say and smile widely.

We all spend the night playing card and joking around until it was about 1 in the morning. This weekend we're heading to the beach before school starts up again.