Chapter 7 - The Lady of the Lake

CHAPTER 7 - THE LADY OF THE LAKE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!

This chapter is the introduction of a very important character in Arthurian Legends and this story. 

Glastonbury is located in the south-west of England. It's one of many rumoured places that Avalon is located, mainly because it was all marsh lands and Medieval Monks at the Cathedral claimed to have found the bones of King Arthur and Queen Guinevere in marshlands which were believed to be part of a lake once. 

This is what it was meant to look like

This is what it was meant to look like. The island in the distance is supposed to be Avalon, but I've twisted it around and added other details to make Avalon even more secluded as you will see. 

There is not a lot of dragon action in this chapter as it is more to do with Hiccup...but I hope you all enjoy it!

On with the story!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*BERK*

HICCUP'S POV

Peace and quiet.

A rare commodity being Chief and the Dragon Master.

But...everything was serene and at peace for the first time in a long time.

Toothless, Eluf and Thora chased each other on the beach with Stormfly as Astrid and I sat together on a fur blanket and our daughter played in the sand. I had my arms around my wife as she leaned into me and we watched our daughter play.

Time away from Chiefly duties was rare, because even when I did get time to myself, Astrid was busy with her duties as Queen and dragon trainer.

Finding the balance to be Chief and Queen, dragon trainers, mother and father as well as husband and wife was difficult, but we always found a way.

I kissed Astrid's head and we laughed as Eira tossed sand at Eluf and he started sneezing uncontrollably.

"I wish it was always like this..." I whispered to Astrid and she turned her head, nuzzling me gently.

"Me too..." She sighed. "I never had my parents and you did not have your mother. I never want Eira to grow up like that..."

"Me either..." I replied, kissing Astrid's head. "She will always have and I will always have you..."