Chapter 36

This chapter might be a bit intense....

Chapter 36

       It didn't take that long for Ryder to get used to Grayson going away at work. He only made his I want my daddy cry the second time Grayson want back to work for about ten minutes before calming down. And the next time, he only cried for Grayson for a minute before he stopped.

       And now, at eight weeks, he didn't even cry when Grayson went off to work. He even smiled at me a few times and that was one of the best feelings ever. I had to admit, I was a bit jealous when Ryder only wanted and smiled at Grayson, but he started smiling at me now.

       Ryder was laying on a playmat on the floor, babbling incoherently. It was so cute the way he babbled.

       I looked at the clock by the TV, frowning when I saw the time. It was five-thirty. Grayson should have been home by now as his shift ended at five and he always came home right away. And when he had to do something, he made sure to text me, whether he went to the grocery store or if he was staying longer.

       I ignored the bad feeling I had as I put the book down I was reading and turned on the TV. However, I couldn't concentrate. So, I picked up my phone and texted Grayson, asking where he was and if everything was okay.

       Then I got a text back from him and when I read it, my heart dropped. He told me he didn't want anything to do with me anymore, but I knew right away that it was a lie, especially because of the way he texted. He was a lazy texter and the text was in full sentences.

       I knew something was wrong, even more so when I saw what the beginning letter of each sentence spelled out. I've done that before when I was in trouble. Now he was doing it.

       D-E-D-R-I-C-K. Dedrick. Dedrick had Grayson right now.

       I quickly texted him back, using the same thing to tell him I got the message, but going along with what he told me at the same time because I knew Dedrick would look at the message.

       As soon as I sent the message, I called Devon. He answered after a few rings. "Hello?" 

       "He has Grayson," I said. "Dedrick. I-I got a message from Grayson and....Dedrick has him."

       "Are you serious?" Devon asked.

       "I wouldn't joke about this," I said. "I need your help, please."

       "Alright, I'll come over and we'll figure this out," Devon said. He hung up.

       Even though it took him less than a minute for him to come, it felt like hours had passed before I heard someone knock on the door. I was too busy worrying about Grayson. Sure, Grayson was tough but compared to Dedrick?

       I got up from the couch and opened the door. Devon brought Belle along and even though I was still mad at her, I let the both of them in. There was something more important going on than my fight with Belle.