Chapter 2

<EDITED>

This was most definitely not cool. The chick from France was completely psycho! Cindy turned to Linda, eyes widened.

"This is not a bedroom," Cindy began, "this is a freaking computer room!" Linda winced at Cindy's outburst but pulled herself together.

"Belle is a high-tech hacker. We don't get too many of those around here," she explained. Great a hacker. Wonder what she'll hack through first? My phone? Computer? Ugh, my life is a nightmare! Cindy thought. Cindy went to the empty bed and dropped her luggage near it, taking in her surroundings. Gadgets and weapons galore were propped up on the wall, and Cindy had a queasy feeling about this.

"What if I refuse to room with her?" Cindy asked.

"Then you'll be out on the streets," Linda said with ferocity. Cindy was startled by the fierceness in Linda's voice. Linda saw Cindy take a step back, and Linda composed herself, placing a huge (but fake) smile on her face. It seemed the dragon lady changed over the past few years, Cindy thought. Not as sweet and kind as she remembered. Cindy stared at the floor, unsure of how to fix this awkward situation. "I'm sorry dear," Linda began, "I'm just having a few difficulties in running the school right now."

"How come?" Cindy asked, plopping down on the empty bed.

"Nothing you need to worry about just yet," Linda mused, "just worry about settling in." Cindy opened her mouth to say something else, but someone beat me to it.

"You called for me Headmistress?" said a fragile voice.

"Ah, Belle! There you are! I wanted to introduce you to your new roommate, Cindy," exclaimed Linda. Peering over the dragon lady, Belle assessed Cindy while Cindy did the same. Belle was a small petite girl with brown hair and glasses that were far too big for her face. She had freckles splashed across her nose with big doe eyes and a smile that could kill. Cindy could tell that maybe this girl wasn't so bad. The two of them stared in awkward silence. "Well, I'll let you two do your bonding," said Linda. She turned to Cindy and said, "If you would like to come to dinner, just come to my office. I'll be having dinner with Priscilla."

"Where's Ana?" Cindy asked, referring to her slightly less evil stepsister, Anastasia.

Linda hesitated. Cindy knew something was off with the dragon lady. It must have something to do with Ana, Cindy concluded. "Anastasia is on a mission right now and will temporarily be unavailable. So I am presuming you'll be coming?" Linda asked. Cindy reluctantly nodded, having no other excuse to escape the dinner. "I'll see my way out then," said Linda. She left the room, leaving Cindy and Belle alone.

Cindy turned around to face Belle. "I take it you're not the biggest fan of Linda?" she asked.

"No. I like Linda! It's her egotistical daughter I have a problem with," Belle replied. Cindy was shocked to hear such a comment from a sweet looking girl. Then she thought, I guess looks can be deceiving.

"She can't be that bad," Cindy said, knowing full well that Priscilla was a brat. "Have you met the girl?" asked Belle wide eyed, "she's a total monster! If she doesn't get her way, she makes it her job to make a person's life miserable! Even Ana wasn't that bad."

"Unfortunately, I have met the girl," Cindy sighed, "she's my stepsister."

"Oh my god," Belle said, slapping a hand on her mouth. "I-I had no clue! Gosh, sometimes I can be such an idiot-"

"Belle! It's fine! Don't worry, I'm used to it. Besides Priscilla has some good moments," Cindy said.

"Yeah, very few good moments" Belle muttered. Cindy laughed at Belle's misleading demeanor. Cindy was suddenly glad to have Belle as her roommate.