Chapter 10- Mother of All Fights

I woke up to an unnecessary amount of sunlight pouring through my window. I couldn't open my eyes. The light was much too bright. I got out of bed to close my shade, but immediately sat back down. My thighs ached. I was sore all over. It hurt to walk. Last night I lost my virginity. This morning, I lost my ability to walk without being in a huge goddamn amount of pain. I groaned and slowly got back off my bed. I slowly made my way to the window and pulled the curtains shut halfway. I grabbed sweats out of a drawer, and put them on.

   "Shit." Even putting those on hurt. I opened my door and walked out into the hallway. I spent all of my energy on focusing on trying to walk normally. I didn't want my mom to notice anything out of the ordinary. She was sitting in the living room with Danny, watching a rerun of America's Next Top Model.

   "Morning." I said, addressing them both, in a more unenthusiastic way than usual.

   "Hey, Sis." Danny always treated me nicely. "Anything you want to tell me....?" I was confused. On top of being in an emmense amount of pain, this little shit thought he could be quizzicle at 10:30 in the fucking morning.

   "Not particularly..." I didn't know what in the hell he wanted. Was he fishing for compliments? I had no goddamn idea. I looked back at him. He looked crushed, completely gutted. Then I remembered.

   "I'm just kidding Danny!! Happy Birthday!!" I didn't remember. But I also didn't want

to ruin the kid's birthday. His face lit up.

   "Thanks Liv!" I walked back to my room as fast as I could and grabbed the game I had bought him. In the process of watching movies yesterday, I had managed to wrap his present. It was a shitty job, but it was wrapped. I gleefully brought the present out of my room and into thee family room where the two of the remained unmoved. 

   "Here you go, Dan. Happy Birthday." I tossed him the gift and he tore it open.

   "I have it." He said looking up at me, frowning.  

   "Take it back then." Now I was annoyed. I believe my mother sensed it too. Because just at ths very moment she decided to pipe up and join our conversation.

   "WHO'S SHIRT IS THAT OLIVIA, BECAUSE IT SURE AS HELL ISN'T YOURS." One day, I promise, I will find out the reason why she thinks it is necessary to yell everything she wants to say. But now I've realised my mistake. I still had Mikey's shirt on."Oh fuck." I thought. That's all I could think. My mom was over-protective and I know she'd blow up if she found out I had a boyfriend. I mean I'm 16, what did she expect, but she'd still blow up. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say anything. I had no defense.

   "It's just a friend's." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth either. She looked pissed. Her face said it all. 

   "WHO'S FUCKING SHIRT IS IT OLIVIA? YOU TELL ME RIGHT NOW." This is nothing to be fighting about. It was just a shirt. Why the hell was she getting so pissed off about a goddamn shirt? I really don't understand my mom, I probably never will. 

   "My friend Michael. It's his shirt." I wanted to give her short answers. I hope I was annoying her because she annoyed me. The look on her face at that very moment was nothing short of infuriated. I didn't see a problem with wearing a friend's shirt (even though he was more than a friend, but to my mother's knowledge, that's all he was).

   "PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK YOU'RE SOME GODDAMNED STREET WHORE, RUNNING AROUND IN A BOY'S SHIRT. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING? YOU WANT PEOPLE TO THINK YOU'RE A SLUT? YOU'RE PROBABLY FUCKING HIM TOO AREN'T YOU?" At this point, Danny had already gotten up and left. I was pissed. Beyond pissed. Who was she to call me a whore? She was a drunk, and she could give two shits about either of her kids. 

   "I'M NOT A WHORE. HE'S A GODDAMN FRIEND MOM. CAN I NOT HAVE FRIENDS? IS THAT NOT ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSEHOLD? BECAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY ESTABLISHED A VERY LONG LIST OF THINGS THAT AREN'T ALLOWED HERE." I had never screamed at her like this before. It was liberating.

   "SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH OLIVIA. DON'T TALK TO ME THAT WAY, EVER. SHIT. I DON'T EVEN WANT YOU HERE. I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT YOU. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE. I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU GO, BUT DON'T COME BACK UNTIL TOMORROW. I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU TODAY." 

   What was it with drunk mothers? Always making irrational decisions when their mind was completely and utterly impared. If she had been sober, she'd have known better than to throw me out of the house. She'd done it before though. Numerous times, as a matter of fact. I was used to it. I always came back the next day. But maybe this time I wouldn't. I had met someone more important. Someone who treated me right. I could go. Without a word. And never come back.

   "I HATE YOU. YOU TREAT ME LIKE SHIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT. I WILL LEAVE. ANYWHERE IS BETTER THAN HERE WITH YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY MOM. GO DRINK YOUR LIFE AWAY." I can't believe what I'd just said. It obviously did not phase my mother, because she didn't say a word. She just looked back at the tv screen. I stormed back into my room and threw some clothes and my phone charger into a bag. I called Mikey.

   "Hi Liv! I was actually just getting ready to call you! What's going on?" I broke down. Sobbing. 

   "Oh god Mikey, please come get me and take me far away from here. I can't stand being around my mom. She doesn't want me here right now anyway. I need you. Please." I couldn't stop crying. I was so hurt by my mom, I hoped Michael would understand.

   "Um, okay. Okay, yeah. I'm on my way right now. I should be there in no more than ten minutes. Bye Liv." He hung up. I sat on my bed waiting, thinking. I couldn't tell him what the fight was about. It was his shirt that started it. I didn't want him to think it was his fault, because it wasn't. But I didn't know if he'd percieve it that way. I just wanted to be with him.