Chapter 7- Leave Your Window Open

Michael was breathing quite hard, and he looked over and smiled at me. We began driving again. We talked about movies on the way home. He was so easy to talk to- I've never met anyone like him before. We could keep ourselves busy talking about the craziest subjects. He loved to make jokes, too. And when he did make one, I knew he was listening to me, because it was always about something that I'd said. In the one day, I'd known him, Michael Clifford was becoming the most important person in my life. My thoughts were halted by the car stopping.

   "Here you are, Olivia. Safe and sound, back at home."

   "Thakn you so much for today Mikey. I can't wait to see you again." I started to get out of the car but was stopped when he grabbed my arm and kissed me one last time.

   "Leave your window open tonight, Olivia." He smirked, and I got out of the car. I watched his car roll in reverse out of my driveway and down my street. His voice echoing in my head, "Leave your window open tonight." You're damn right I'd leave my window open. He made me feel something I'd never felt before. I wanted to be with him every second I possibly could. And if I could see him tonight, I sure as hell would not pass up the opportunity.

                                                                    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

   "WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU YOUNG LADY?" The constant yelling. It never ended. I don't know how much longer I coud put up with her always yelling, no matter what she was saying.

   "I told you I was going out to breakfast with a friend, mom." I tried to stay calm. I was pissed though. She made me so fucking mad sometimes.

   "YOU WERE GONE FOR 4 HOURS. I WAS WORRIED SICK OLIVIA. I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU RUNNING OUT LIKE THAT. YOU THINK YOU'RE AN ADULT BUT YOU'RE NOT. JUST GET OUT OF HERE I DON'T EVEN WANT TO FUCKING LOOK AT YOU." Drinking again. I knew she was drunk. She didn't mean what she said, but there was some truth in it. I ignored her. I went into my room, and shut the door tight. I put sweats and a hoodie on and turned on the tv. I wanted to watch a movie. Jaws. Mikey and I talked a long time about Jaws in the car today. I layed down on my bed and waited for the movie to start. It was 3:00 p.m.. But I opened my window now.