Chapter 26

•Anna's pov•

~2 weeks later~

Every since the day me and Matt fought we've talked less and less.

At first it was just talking for only a couple hours.

Then it went to only once a day.

And now it's hardly every other day. This long distance is so hard.

I miss him more than anything but it's too hard for me. We don't even try anymore.

Well I did try. Last week I texted him everyday and he only replied twice and the convo was "hey" "hey, I'm busy" "oh okay ttyl" then no answer.....

And I'm pretty sure he is just over me because he's been hanging out with that girl. He always posts those two on snapchat. I need to call him.

I decide to call him.

~ringing~

Matt: hello?
Me: hey.
Matt: what do you need?
Me: I have to need something to call my boyfriend that I haven't talked to in 2 weeks?
Matt:.....
Me: exactly.
Matt: I've been busy annabelle.
Me: yeah, to busy hanging out with another girl than trying to fix our relationship.
Matt: fix? I thought we were doing fine.
Me: you're kidding right? We haven't talked for 2 weeks Matthew!!
Matt: so what Anna? We are still together though, and we'll be seeing each other on Christmas break and that's only a month away.
Me: exactly! In a month! A lot can happen in a month, we both know that.
Matt: Anna. Please.
Me: please what matt? Why don't you just go to your new girly friend.
Matt: she's just a friend! I want you and nobody else.
Me: you have some way of showing it.
Matt: I'm sorry! I promise I'll be better. We'll talk everyday. Anna please, I can't lose you. I love you so much.
Me: I love you too. But I still don't think this is going to work. I think we should take a break.
Matt: what?... A break?
Me: yes.
Matt: okay. Whatever makes you happy.
Me: just until we see each other on Christmas break and see if we feel the same about each other.
Matt: I would wait forever for you Anna. I love you.
Me: bye Matthew.

~end of phone call~

I threw my phone down and layer in bed and cried. I cried so much.

I hope that this month goes by fast and I hope Matt still loves me like he did before.

I doubt he will.

Don't think like that Anna.

I can't help it. Matt could get anyone. He could get someone his age. Anyone would be lucky to have him.

*phone rings*

~Livy 💜~

Me: hey liv

I say trying to hold my tears back.

Livy💜: hey. W-we need to meet up. Mickey d's. Bring h-hayes.

She was crying. Then she hung up.

I quickly get up and change and text hayes to get and McDonald's and its urgent.

I ran down the stairs and just ran too McDonald's

#nocarlife

I walked in and saw Olivia in a seat in the corner with her head down buried in her arms.

Right after me, Hayes ran in.

"Hey? What's so urgent?" He asks. I point over towards Olivia then run over there, hayes following.

"Olivia?! What's wrong?!" I say siting down with hayes siting next to me.

She slowly looked up, her makeup smeared all over.

"I'm moving" she mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm moving." She says more clearly.

"What?! What do you mean you're moving?" Hayes asks.

"I mean my stupid parents are making me move all the way to Texas for a year and I won't be back till senior year" she says now more tears coming down her face.

"No no! That can't do that, they can't take you away!" I say now crying and I looked at hayes an I could he was about to cry also.

I grabbed his hand in mine. And we all started to cry.

"How am I going to tell Carter," she says crying more, "he really is the love of my life. I can't image life without him, he's going to take it so hard" she says breaking down and putting her head back down.

"We'll get through this Olivia. We'll figure out something" hayes says. And Olivia shakes her head.

"It's already done. We leave January first." She says. And I stand up and sit next to her and hug for the longest time.

Soon hayes joins us too.

"We will just have to make the rest of the year great then" hayes mumbles and we all nod.

~two hours later, all done crying~

Me and hayes were walking down the sidewalk.

"Talk about the worst day ever." I say trying to fight back the tears.

"What? What else happened today?" Hayes asks.

"Me and Matt broke up.." I say letting a tear fall.

Hayes stopped walking. "What?! And you just went through all that also?!" He asks hugging me.

"Olivias my best friend. I had to be strong for her" I say crying into his shoulder.

"You're such a great friend" he says hugging me tighter. "I found Bri kissing another guy yesterday." He mumbles.

I pull away from the hug and my eyes go huge. "YOU WHAT?!"

"Yeah..." He says looking sad.

"How are you taking it so well" I ask him.

"Well I guess it's because I didn't like her that much. I did like her but I was just hoping she would get my mind off a girl that I've really liked for the last 5 months but she had boyfriend but it didn't work at all" he said looking me in the eyes.

Is he talking about me?

He leaned in and kissed my cheek then walked into my house.

I go into my house confused as ever.

I go in my room. Do I like hayes? I guess never even thought about me and hayes.... An "us" between me and hayes.

_______________________________

THANKS FOR READING!!

ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT OF THIS BOOK AND THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUAL!!