27. Danny (Part 2)

Ella and I were on our flight back to London, and we had a week together before the lads and I released our 4th album, meaning that I'd be on the road and away from Ella once again. I wanted to make the most of this next week with her, as a couple we were now already used to me being away for my career but it was still going to be hard.

Meeting Ella's family had been terrific, her granny was a sweet lady and she took me in with open arms. Her cousins had been amused with meeting me and I couldn't blame them, and all in all we'd had a wonderful time with her family.

"Danny?" Ella's pretty voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yes baby?" I turned to her, taking hold of her hand.

"I think we're landing" she smiles at me, leaning as close to me as she possibly can while we have the arm rest in between us.

"Oh" I chuckle.

"You were day dreaming!"

"I was, wasn't I? Sorry baby, I bet you wanted to talk to me"

"Don't get cheeky Danny!" she lets out a soft giggle, squeezing my hand as the plane begins its descent.

The two of us needed to go back to our own places to unpack and relax after our flight and our time away. I was feeling disheartened to not be going home with Ella, we didn't have long left before I was going to be away so even a few hours not spent with Ella wasn't something I wanted.

"How about ye come to mine for dinner tonight, I'll cook for you?" I offer, wanting an excuse to be with her again as soon as possible.

"I'd love that" Ella smiles at me as we walk out of the airport together. We were going to share a taxi home too, Ella being dropped off at her place first then me being driven the rest of the way home.

"And you can stay over?"

"You seem eager" her giggle is like music to my ears, "of course I'll stay"

"Good, I want us to spend so much time together before..." I trail off but I feel Ella's gaze on me so I know she wants me to finish my sentence, even though I'm sure she knows what I mean, "before I go away touring and all"

"I know, me too" she smiled, not seeming fazed at all which takes me by surprise.

"You seem happy, I bet you can't wait to get rid of me" I joke, but I'm also curious about why Ella doesn't seem worried or upset about me going away.

"Danny! Of course not! I'm going to miss you but I'm happy you're going, you're releasing an album!"

"I am! But I'll miss you too, a lot"

She stopped for a moment, causing me to stop also, and she gave me a sweet and tender kiss. "I want us to enjoy our time together instead of being sad, that's why I seem happy"

"Aww, I love you Ella"

"I love you too" she smiles, continuing to walk once again.

We approach a taxi, and I help the driver load our luggage while Ella sits inside waiting for me.

"What are you going to cook for me?" she asks me when I'm sat down next to her with my arm wrapped around her.

"I don't know" I chuckle, "why the sudden interest? Don't you want a surprise?" I wink at her and she laughs in response.

"I just wanted to know"

"Well whatever it is, it'll be good. Don't expect any fancily named food but do expect whatever it is to be cooked damn well!"