18. Ella

"Ella, can I talk to you for a moment please?" Mark asked me as Danny and I were about to leave the studio. Fuck, I had a feeling that Mark didn't trust me or something. I couldn't just say no or make a scene about this though, or he'd think even worse of me than he already obviously did.

"Yeah, of course you can!" I smiled cheerily at him, trying my hardest not to let my fear show as he and I left the room to have a chat.

"It's good to finally meet you" he said to me as he led me out of a back door at the end of the hallway to what seemed like a makeshift garden outside that was used as a smoking or eating area. There was a few chairs and a couple of tables so Mark sat down and I followed suit.

"It's really good to finally be meeting you and Glen too" I smiled

He gave me a small smile to be polite but he got straight to the point with me, "I've noticed you've been quiet with us though, it's nothing but Danny's always told us that you're loud and confident"

"He has? ..." I trail off, smiling to myself because Danny had said such nice things about me

"Yes. He has, so why so quiet?"

"I'm sorry, I'm simply so nervous about this that it's embarrassing" I sigh and play with my hair anxiously, "I've never felt like this before, you know? I've had to meet my previous boyfriends families and I always found it to be easy yet with Danny he isn't my boyfriend and you aren't his family but from the minute we got here I've been feeling sick with nerves"

"How come?"

"I guess because Danny's not like anybody else I've dated before, and I'm not even dating him. He's different, he's a lot more special"

"Do you really think that?" he questioned me

"Of course I do" I told him, my voice becoming quieter as I continued what I was saying, "I wouldn't lie to you, I'd be too scared for that"

"Too scared?"

"Yeah, I don't want to make a bad first impression. I want to be honest with both you and Glen because if I lie then it will catch up with me later"

"None of Danny's girlfriends have ever bad flag much depth. Not that you're his girlfriend, yet" Mark said to me, warming to me instantly

I laughed, "thanks"

"Well I guess it takes guts to tell me that I scare you!" he laughed too

"Oi, I never said that you scared me!"

"But I did!"

"You did!" I laughed in agreement

"So why aren't you and Danny together if you think he's this special?"

"Well I guess up until a few days ago he was with Layla, and then after they broke up I felt like I wasn't allowed to be with Danny because Layla had been my friend"

"Why aren't you and Layla friends anymore, speaking of?" Mark continued to question me but his manner wasn't intimidating or aggressive anymore

"Because she cheated on Danny. But I guess it had been building up for a while, her cheating on Danny was the thing that finally made us stop being friends. She said a lot of repulsive things to me when Danny found out she must be having an affair because she wasn't at my house that night and she tried to apologise but I knew it wasn't sincere"

"She sounded like a bitch anyway, we didn't like her"

"I know, Glen told me. I don't want to say anything negative about Layla though"

"Fair enough. Do you honestly like Danny then?"

"I'm falling in love with him. It hasn't happened yet, I haven't had the eureka moment where I realise that I'm now in love with him but I'm most definitely falling in love with him, it's not that I merely like him, it's more"