Chapter 34 (Edited)

It had been two weeks since the speech, and girls had been pushing and shoving each other trying to get a date with Dean. People screamed his name, and I was sure that there had been some young men trying to go out with him as well. I did know for a fact that some of the girls that tried to get a date with him did not go to our school.

I would help him out about half the time, ignoring the jealousy that wanted to take over and attack anyone that had their paws on my man or think that they could get him.

I paused Blue, my eyes widening at the fact that I thought Dean as mine. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my frayed nerves before Dean noticed the change in my behavior, because I still didn't want him to know about what I was thinking.

We had been riding along the white picket fence on the Andrew's property to make sure that everything was neat and nothing needed to be fixed. I knew that Sean would have me paint the fence after I was done, but I didn't care. I was happy for the distraction and being away from Dean for a while.

Dean had been rambling about how my sister was a bitch and how most of the girls didn't even look like her, his mysterious girl. "-all I'm saying is- Ella?" He stopped his dappled gray mare and looked behind him to see I was behind him, probably looking shocked and worried. "Are you alright?" Concern filled his voice while he turned his mare around and came over to me.

"Huh?" I asked, blinking. "Oh ya, sorry I kind of spaced out." I glared at him, playfully when he chuckled. "Now, what is it that you were saying?"

Dean halted his horse when he was next to me. He was facing the opposite direction than I, looking as if he had something to say. He opened his mouth a couple of times before closing it. Finally, he sighed and moved a hand through his hair. "You are a girl, right?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow before looking down at my breasts before looking back up at him. I couldn't help but smirk when I saw that he looked down as well before looking back up, his cheeks turning a lighter color. "Last time I checked, why?" I asked.

Dean sighed and moved a hand through his hair, grimacing. "Why would a girl run away, leaving behind a personal item, and leave a guy standing there? I mean, it doesn't make sense. I thought it was the guy that was supposed to run away."

"No... all Cinderella movies had the girl running away," I said. I frowned and cocked my head. "I think there was a male Cinderella, but it was mainly the girls run away and the guys were the beasts."

Dean snorted and rolled his eyes, smirking. "But what is the reason for running? Did I do something wrong?"

I made sure to keep a blank mask over my face, making sure that no emotions would show. "Yes, you did a lot of stuff wrong, Hollywood. You are too perfect."

Dean snorted, again, sounding more like a horse in a short span of time. "Whatever. Answer the question. Please?" He looked nervous when I gave him a pointed look.

I sighed and nudged Blue to start walking, waiting until Dean was again beside me to start to answer his question. "She is probably scared," I replied. "She doesn't know what to think and chooses hiding as an option, the only option actually."

"But, why? Does she not want to be seen with me? Is there something wrong with my hair?"

"What is up with men and their hair?" I asked. "You all sound like a bunch of teenage girls." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "And no, it's nothing to do with you. Like I said, you are... perfect. The girl probably thinks of herself less than perfect. Hell, she probably has listened to what everyone else was saying and thinks of her as someone that doesn't deserve happiness or love for that matter." I shrugged my shoulder and cleared my throat. "She's broken, even if she doesn't want others to know."