Chapter 19 (Edited)

The bell rung for the last class of the day, and I packed my books before booking it out of the room before Dean could come over and talk to me, like he had been trying to do since the confrontation in the Music Room.

Yep, Dean was in two of my classes, as well as his bud, named Ryan. That meant a lot of girls trying to get into that class, because he was in it. The Principal wouldn't allow it, so most of the girls glared at me or others that were in that class.

But the funny thing was, Clairce and Anna were allowed to change their last block of the day to Music and singing. So, they were now in my safe haven, even though Clarice couldn't sing, and Anna was too shy to do it.

Bad thing was, it was my turn to sing the piece that I had working to learn. They heard me singing SaySomething, and Clarice kept making gagging sounds. However, it didn't mess me up, but I knew that the other students would be looking at me differently, because of her act.

I shook my head and grabbed my skateboard from my locker before going out the door. A frown was on my face, because I didn't know what and how my life would change with super-star Dean Andrews around.

"Hey, Ella," someone called. "Wait up for a minute, please."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Speaking of the Devil," I muttered before turning around to see that Dean and Ryan were trying to get to me, passing screaming fans. "What is it, Hollywood?" I asked when he got close to me. "I'm pretty busy, and I need to get home."

Dean stopped at me and nodded to my skateboard. "On that?" he asked. "Do you need a lift?"

"You're going the opposite direction," I replied. "And yes, on that."

"But, your family is rich. Aren't you?" Dean cocked his head confused.

I shook my head and turned around going to the entrance of the school. "There are a lot of stuff that you and your family missed when you moved to Hollywood, Hollywood."

"Like what?"

"I don't know," I replied, sarcastically. "Maybe something like a marriage and a death and then not having the rights to use any money for oneself."

"Wait, who died?" He moved in front of me and stopped, probably wanting to look at me while I talked.

I stopped and huffed, not really wanting to talk to this male. "You can find that out on your own, Hollywood. Read articles if you need to." With that, I shoved past him and made it out of the school without him following me.

***

I skated to the bank, wanting to see if I couldn't catch Frank before he closed the bank. I had to go into town anyways, because Delilah had clothes that needed to come from the cleaners to home.

The bank and the cleaners were close together, so I was basically killing two birds with one stone. That was a good thing for me, because I wouldn't have to tell her why I was late in going home, since the cleaners did take a little while.

The familiar jingling bell sounded through the building, altering the bakers that someone came through the door. I took a deep breath and grinned, glad that it still smelt like a home rather than a business.

That was what Frank Simpson said to get business from people. He said that this bank was family owned, and he would treat the person like family. He helped his customers and tried to spread that to other places as well, wanting them to feel as if they were talking to family.

"Ah, there is the lovely Miss Contre. How are the kids?" no one other than Frank asked, seeing that I was there. He started to come my way, a never-ending smile on his face.