Thirteen

/* A few more days pass by and it was dussehra vacation. Arohi was going to her home like many other students including Arjun. In the station as they all were departing. Arohi was standing aside and waiting for her train, Arjun came to her. */

Arohi- Okay Arjun bye. Have a happy journey and good time with your family.

Arjun- Same to you but aren't you feeling anything different? Like leaving all our friends and me... of course college too.

Arohi- Not at all these holidays are just 3 weeks and you know what I believe we know the value of a person only in their absence. I am actually excited to see whom I'll miss the most among you all.

Arjun- You are clever. I mean to speak of something and you make it something else. I guess you do this knowingly. 

Arohi- Oh yes you are the 'all-knowing almighty' okay. Listen don't call me till I come back. Please it is a request.

Arjun- But why? You know I can't stay without talking to you.

Arohi- Enough Arjun. You don't know about my family. If you want call me then I'll never come back to college itself. All these years I wasn't there with you right, then how did you stay?

Arjun- Even I keep wondering on that. Its okay I won't call you but be sure to come back fast and promise me that you'll call me as soon as you come.

Arohi- Say Raghav also not to call me. Its too much a risk for me to take.

Arjun- Remember what I said you, as long as you are with me, you are safe. What about my promise?

Arohi- I'll see if I can. Your train has come go now. Happy and safe journey.

Arjun(picking up his luggage)- Will you miss me?

Arohi- If you will.

Arjun- No I am not going to miss you.

(Arohi rolls her eyes and turns her face away from him. He smiles)

Arjun- Hey Arohi listen(she looks at him). I won't miss you because you will always stay with me, wherever I go, in my h....

/* He didn't complete that word. Arohi couldn't control anymore, she smiles shyly and he loved it. It was like a gift to him to spend the vacation. She puts her hands on his shoulders and pushes him in the direction of the train. */

Arohi- Go now the train has started.

/* Arjun runs towards the train and after getting in he looks at Arohi whose eyes are all fixed upon him. Slowly the train disappears and after sometime her train arrives. Neha is also going for the same train as her hometown too fell in the same route. They keep talking for a long time all their way. */

Neha- So such a long talk with Arjun in the station huh? 

Arohi- Oh you started again. Actually he was talking to me.

Neha- I know he is interested in you so much.

Arohi- Its nothing like that he talks to many other girls also.

Neha- Talking is different. May be you don't know, Raghav said me Arjun always keeps thinking about you. Every word of his is related to you and after meeting you he has changed a lot. I have seen the change myself. Arjun wasn't like this before, hardly two words would come from his mouth and his smile was like a rare diamond. He was so reserved types,not too much of friends and always busy. Don't know what he used to do but he was always busy. Now there is a constant smile on his face. He has made so many friends and also speaks much better than he used to.

Arohi- Really? I thought he was like this from before. Anyway that is a good change right.

Neha- I wanted to ask you whether you too like him. Come on its a promise on your studies tell me the truth.