Twenty Three

/* Hiya is shocked at his answer. She never expected such an answer although she had practiced a 100 times how to react to his no but this answer was truly abnormal. She knew he was not married and took it as a joke. */

Hiya- Arjun this is not the right time for jokes. When did you start joking?

Arjun- No Hiya this is not a joke. I was married in a temple Akshardham on 31st december four years back.

Hiya-To whom? Where is she?

Arjun- To...... Arohi and she left me that day itself.

Hiya- What? I think this is a dream. I can't believe all this.

Arjun- It's the truth Hiya. I always thought as my best friend and nothing more than that. I am really sorry if you felt so due to any of my actions. 

Hiya- Okay then I can't change your decisions but as a friend can I know what happened?

Arjun- Hmm it was something weird in a way. I just don't know why I was so serious about her when I was not even 20 years old. It was like magic it tied me to her in every possible way. I fell deep. She was my junior in our SJC. You may not believe me but I was quite different those days. I used to dance a lot and was the best in my college.

Hiya- Really?

Arjun- Yes. In fact I saw her first time in dance auditions for our junior team. The first thing I liked about her was her courage to dance before the whole college on her first day.

Hiya- What is the big deal?

Arjun- I understand it's not a big deal for people like us but for her it sure is. Why? You'll know soon. She was so different from everybody I met. Her attitude was sparky and she was the first person who always tried to avoid me.

Hiya- Avoid you?

Arjun- Yes. Even I used to wonder but I liked it a lot. Her simplicity and her innocence attracted me day by day. You could clearly read her like a book through her eyes.

Hiya- What about marriage?

Arjun- One day I realized she too was serious about me when she asked me to reach a best position in life for her sake. She said if I'll be in a good position, she would be the happiest person.

Hiya- Then she must have been quite serious about you. As a girl I know to whom a girl will say so- to that person whom she wants to spend her life with and loves more than herself.

Arjun- Yes even I understood that but she doubted whether all this would happen or not. To erase her doubts, one by one I fulfilled all the rituals of marriage. In my family we give the girl a pair of anklets on the day of confirmation of relation which I gifted on her birthday. Only in our clan the bridegroom gets to dress up the bride and I did it on 31st morning. Finally in the temple in front of god and conscience as my witness I put sindhur on her forehead. Arohi didn't notice anything but I took it seriously. Arohi is my wife and she is the only person I will live with.

Hiya- Then why did she leave you?

Arjun- The way she loved me she respected her parents also. Her mother came to know of our friendship and she took her away. Don't know what she would have done if she knew that I married Arohi.

Hiya- Oh I am sorry. Did she return?

Arjun- Yes she returned for the final exams but she wasn't my Arohi anymore. She said I played with her feelings and used her to satisfy my ego. I know those were not her words but no one can guess how much it hurt me.

Hiya- but she loved you truly.

Arjun- Yes I loved her too. Truly and Madly.

Hiya- Then I shouldn't come between you'll. I hope she returns soon. I am happy this matter is sorted now I too can move on with my life.