Thirty Four

/* Arjun was feeling bad for doing this to her but he maintained his attitude. */

Arjun- She is my wife.

Hanish- Yes you are right. She is no longer my daughter.

/* Arohi was in too much a shock. She couldn't believe her eyes. How could Arjun do such a thing to her? Tears rolled down her eyes. He broke her trust. Even if she tried to explain, her father was not in a position to listen and Arjun had saved her's and her father's life so she didn't want to say all that he did and get him a bad name. */

Arohi- I should just die.

Hanish- No. Please don't make nuisance anymore. If you do anything like that we won't have even our reputation. I will try that this doesn't come out but still you are no more our daughter. Do not return here. Go with him. 

Arohi- But...

Hanish- Listen to me at least this time. I've lost my daughterbut I can't lose my reputation.

/* She comes out of the house and sits in the car. Arohi was very disturbed she didn't understand why Arjun did like that. Both of them are silent. He drives to the Singhania mansion and by this time Sushmitha is fine and has been discharged. She welcomes them warmly. Arohi and Sushmitha sit in the hall. Arohi stopped crying and tried to maintain her composure because she knew Sushmitha didn't know about anything and didn't want her to take any tension as it was a risk for her health. */

Sushmitha- Arjun called me yesterday and said that your parents agreed for the marriage but you will be staying with us from now on. I am so excited about the marriage. I will call the panditji to fix the auspicious date. There's a lot of work to be done. 

(Arohi gives her a fake smile)

Sushmitha- You must be tired go to the room beside Arjun's room. Stay there until the marriage is done later you can shift to his room. You go I will call Devraaj and talk about the decorations of the palace. It will take a lot of time. All you have to do is take care of Panchi. 

Arohi- Sure mom. She'll stay with me from now.

/* Arohi goes to her room and stands near the window thinking about the past few days and this morning. Arjun enters her room, she doesn't look at him. */

Arjun- I am sorry, I broke your trust but I did it for our good. You love me Arohi how could you leave me?

Arohi- Why are you saying sorry? I am your slave. You bought me with the money paid for my father's operation. Just tell me what I should do.

Arjun- Arohi I didn't mean that(He puts his hand on her shoulder)

Arohi- I don't want you to touch me but I guess slaves don't have the right to say so.

Arjun(removes his hand)- Arohi I didn't buy you!!

Arohi- Then what was that agreement? Arohi agrees to marry in return for the operation's bill?

Arjun- You wouldn't take money for the operation and I know you would be very hurt if anything happened to your father. Also you will never be happy if we don't stay together. Still you decided to leave me. I couldn't let you make that mistake. (He kneels down before her)

Arjun- You are not a slave Arohi. You are my princess, my queen. I just didn't want you to go through any pain. I am your slave. I will be with all pleasure.

Arohi- Do you think I am not in pain now? I lost my parents because of you Arjun.

Arjun- I am sorry. I couldn't think of another solution to all the problems. Your father and my mother are sick. We will ruin our lives if you get married to someone else.