/four/

WHEN I WOKE up the next day, I felt like the night before had been a dream. I mean, my whole life had been a series of unextraordinary happenings. I never did anything remotely exciting, I wasn't smoking or drinking from a young age. And it wasn't because I was posh or anything, I just never felt the need to do so.

As I lay in my bed in that moment, a thought hit me. I stumbled quickly out of bed muttering, "shit, shit, shit." Over and over again. I had forgotten to call my best friend. She was in America right now for a couple of months and I had completely forgotten to call her to let her know how I was getting on. I had texted her the other day telling her of my plans.

I grabbed my phone from its place on the floor dialling her number quickly. It rang for a bit before I heard a faint "hello."

"Megan!" I sang into the phone, "How are you babe?"

"Tired Jess, you do realise it's the middle of the night over here?" She replies and I can tell she's rolling her eyes.

"Sorry," I say not really meaning it, "but I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently in Wales."

"And.... How is it?" She asks, a hint of excitement in her voice.

"It's amazing," I start as I sit Indian style on my bed, "I met some really nice people here and I know we're going to be good friends." I tell her. "You'd love it Megan, promise me when you get back from your travels you'll come visit me."

"Just tell me where you are and I'll be there." She replies softly and the ghost of a smile plays on my face. "So tell me more about these friends of yours."

"Well, they're in a band. Catfish and the Bottlemen, you should look them up. I was listening to their music all last night when I got back to the hotel." I tell her checking the time. "I should go Meg, get some sleep and I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Yeah, stay safe, Jess. Love you." She chimes into the phone, I tell her the same before we hang up.

It was one in the afternoon when I finally left the hotel. I was planning to stop by the pub to watch the guys play later this evening. Although Van never told me what time they'd be on at, I decided to head down for around 7. That left me enough time to have a walk around Llandudno for a while and get changed into something else.

It was a nice enough day so I decided to take a walk down along the sea. There was a light breeze and the sun was shining. After a while I sat down relishing in the sun, it was a lovely feeling. I closed my eyes leaning my head back, and then felt something wet on my arm.

I opened my eyes to see a little dog staring up at me. She was adorable and made me think of my dog Hollie. "Well hi there," I petted her head, "aren't you just the cutest thing?" I began rubbing her belly.

"MARY!" I heard a yell from down the beach. The dogs ears pricked up, Mary must be the dog. The owner yelled out again and Mary began speeding down the beach towards him.

     I got up, deciding to head back to the hotel to chill out for a while. As I start walking I notice the cute little dog again and her owner, who just so happened to be Van. I decided against going over to him, he looked so happy that I didn't want to disturb him. I'd be seeing him later anyway.

~

     I arrived at the pub in my usual attire of a black jumper and black skinnies. My go to outfit for like every event I'm at. I took a seat at the bar ordering a beer as I waited for the guys to appear. Not even ten minutes later they sauntered in. "Oi, lads! Over here." I yelled over at them waving my hand.

     They walked over and I gave them each a hug. "Well, don't you just look dashing tonight gentlemen?" I say once we're all settled.

     "Whats got you in such a good mood?" Benji asks laughing a little.

     "I've just got a good feeling, my dear Benjamin." I reply taking a sip of my beer. "You guys never told me you's were so popular!"

     "What do you mean mate?" Bondy questioned.

     "I mean," I begin turning towards Van, "after you dropped me home last night, I looked you guys up. I was listening to Catfish and the Bottlemen all night! You're fucking amazing lads."

     "Thanks," they all said in unison, which was kind of creepy.

     "Which is your favourite song?" Van asks.

     "That's a tough one," I begin pausing for a moment, "but it would have to be business or harlot. Those two are fucking class."

"Duly noted." Van nodded before checking the time. "Well lass, we better head to the stage, hope you enjoy the show." He grinned sending a wink my way.

~

wasn't planning on updating today but I decided to post this chapter a little early! hope ye enjoy it!

stay sexy xxx