/six/

TWO MONTHS AGO I said my farewells to Catfish and the Bottlemen. They were off on their tour and I was off in my road trip. We've kept in contact, which I'm immensely thankful for. We have a group chat which is definitely the highlight of my day when they message. I've talked to Van a lot more as well. Whether it's a phone call or a text message we always seem to be up to date with each other's lives.

     And I can't help but let my feelings grow stronger towards him. But who wouldn't? I mean he's kind and caring and generous and so full of life. He lights up my mood every time I'm down, even if I can't see him he always seems to make my day better.

     Megan has been out to see me. She stayed with me for two weeks in London before returning to Dublin. Of course she promised that she'd be back again. I know she secretly loved our time in London, no matter how much she complained about our shitty hotel. I'm dragging her to Glastonbury in two weeks, so I cannot wait for that. I haven't told the lads that we'd be going. I wanted to keep it a surprise since I found out they'd be playing.

I was currently in Kent, visiting an old friend of my nana's. I've been staying with Helen Connor since Friday, two days ago and was planning on leaving tomorrow. She had suggested I head to Chester, which is exactly what I was planning on doing. I was going to spend the remainder of my time until Glastonbury there.

As I lay in bed that night, I wondered what Van was up to.

Me: haven't heard from u in a while? How's it been going?

Van: I know, I'm sorry it's been so long. We've been crazy busy since the tour ended on Friday. Am looking forward to going home and relaxing before we head off to the festivals. How's you?

Me: u must be fucking wrecked mate! I honestly don't kno how u do it, u deserve some relaxation anyway ;) I'm pretty good actually, heading to Chester tomorrow for a week or two which is exciting :P

Van: you're having a mess!

Me: whut?

Van: mate, me and Larry fucking live in Chester!

Me: are u having a laugh?

Van: I'm dead serious

Van: and I don't care what you're plans are, you're staying with us. End of discussion

Me: if u insist :D

Me: I should head asleep, wanna be up and out early tmrw but I'll text u when I'm almost there so u can give me your address

Van: goodnight love xx

Me: goodnight Van x

~

I woke up early the next day and was on the road by 10am. I wasn't normally one to wake up early but I was excited to see Van after all this time, and the lads as well of course. I still couldn't believe that they were living in Chester, I mean talk about small world. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it all.

I was about half an hour away when I decided to ring Van, putting him on speaker. He answered after the first couple of rings.

"Oi, oi!" He spoke as soon as he picked up.

"Alright? I'm literally half an hour away." I said, keeping my eyes on the road.

     "Already? It's not even two in the afternoon," he exclaimed.

     "I had to get out of there mate, I've seriously heard the same stories ten different times." I replied truthfully. I mean I adored my nana, and any friend of hers was a friend of mine. But there's only so many times you can hear the same story before you end up wanting to hit your head against a brick wall.

     "I know what you mean, but anyway tell me exactly where you are." He says. "Like what can you see?"

     "Uhm," I pause taking in my surroundings. I see a sign for a golf club and hotel ahead. "There's a sign for a hotel and golf club just ahead, I can't see what the name of it is. I also just passed a pub." That's basically all I can describe.

     "Okay, I know where you are." Van begins. "So keep driving straight past the hotel until you come to the t junction. Then turn left and follow that road. Take the third right and keep going until you see the little white cottage. That's us."

     "Okay, I'll see you soon then." I tell him, taking a mental note of the directions he just gave me.

     "I'll stand outside waiting for you."