/epilogue/

WHEN I PICTURED my life five years ago, I never imagined this. I never though that I'd have a loving family or an amazing job or a lovely home.

Van and I had settled in the most beautiful of cottages in Chester. It was close to the one he had shared with Larry but I loved it more because it was ours. Of course we had told Larry that he was more than welcome to live with us but he moved into a flat with Megan in Manchester.

I was so happy for my best friend, I knew Larry would treat her the way she deserved to be treated. We don't see each other much anymore but we keep in contact. Whenever the lads are on tour we visit each other, it's nice to know someone is missing their other half as much as you are.

Van goes on tour for months on end and I miss him dearly but it's okay because that's his job. And every time he calls I can't help but feel like a love struck school girl. He always makes time for me, even if it's a phone call or just a quick text message.

They played Wembley stadium last month. I, of course, was there and I'd be lying if I said there wasn't tears in my eyes as I watched the man I loved perform to ninety thousand people. I was so unbelievably proud, I felt like I might burst. This was what he had wanted all along and he's finally got it.

My mother and I are on better terms now. I flew back to Dublin to visit them with Van. Let's just say my parents adored him. My dad especially. "He's a keeper." My mum had said. We are slowly but surely building up a relationship and it made me happy. My life was coming together and things were perfect.

After four years of going out Van asked me to marry him. I said yes and seven months later we were wed. It was a small ceremony with our closest family and friends. I loved every moment of it and I'll cherish it until the day I die. We didn't want anything fancy or expensive, just our loved ones. Larry was the best man, and of course Megan was my maid of honour.

I eventually found my calling in life and got a degree in journalism. At first I worked for a local newspaper but now I'm proud to say I'm the editor of my very own magazine. It was always a dream of mine, even though it took a while to realise it. I love my job, I really do.

Van and I are expecting our first child. Who knew right? I'm due in five months and I don't think I've ever been more excited. We had been trying for years, and finally the IVF worked. I can't put into words the joy I felt when I was told I was pregnant. I was going to be a mother. I never thought it would happen, Van is ecstatic. He can't wait to be a father and teach our child about rock and roll.

Love is a funny thing but I'm glad I found my soulmate and I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my life with him.