Secrets

(Ellen's p.o.v.)

I looked around to see where the source of the voice was.

"Hey, You hear that?" I asked Johnson.

"Hear what?" He asked back.

I must've been going a little coo-coo. I looked down to the hand that I used to touch the mysterious rock. Now either I was losing it, or my hand had a glowing blue hue to it.

"What the hell..." I muttered to myself.

"You say somethin'?" Anna hollered over to me.

"Wha-? No...Nah...It's nothing." I said back to her.

"Nothing? Nothing?!" I heard the same male voice say to me again. "My child, you have a power that could change your life...As well as others..."

"What the...who the hell are-" I began to say before I noticed Rick standing in front of me. I must've not seen him approach me in the blinding white snow.

"You okay there?" He asked. "Or are you having a nice conversation with yourself?"

"Haha...Fuck you." I said playfully as I punched him gently. I was glad that I had my mask and helmet on so that he couldn't see me blushing.

"Careful there..." He replied as he put a hand on my lower back. "Wouldn't wanna damage the merchandise now would ya?" I felt my body heat up.

"I uh...um..."

"Guys?! Guys! You hear something?!" Ivan yelled over.

"No!" I yelled over; trying to regain my focus.

"Yeah. Not like you can hear much out here." Rick said.

"I hear something moving over that way." Ivan pointed out.

"Yeah...Sure. Where's our evac?" Rick asked. "We found this fucking thing...Now what?"

"General Thel is on his way with the Savage Light, his war frigate." Ivan said.

"So...We just wait here?" Levi asked.

"Looks that way." Johnson said; sitting down in the snow to relax.

We sat there about fourteen minutes. I heard nothing from the mysterious disembodied voice the whole time. Suddenly, It spoke to me:

"To your left." It said to me.

I looked over to my immediate left without even caring that I was being told by a voice to look over to me left.

I looked over to my left and saw an out line of a hunched back figure crawling toward my team and I. Seeing this, I picked up my D41 rifle and aimed at the figure. I wondered:

Should I warn the team?

Should I just open fire?

"You are in danger!" The voice insisted.

That was it for me. I squeezed the trigger of my gun and unloaded a few rounds into the creature. As the bullets hit it, it stopped moving. I hoped it was dead.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Levi yelled in shock at the gunshots.

"Yeah Ellen, what the hell?" Anna said. "Did you forget to put the safety on your gun?" She asked.

"No...I just saved all your asses actually!" I responded angrily.

"Woah woah." Ivan said. "Ellen what happened?" He asked.

"Why don't you go look and see for yourself?" I said as I pointed over to thing I had shot that was laying on the ground.

Ivan walked over to investigate the thing that was now covered in a small mound of snow. "What the hell..." He said as he uncovered a bug-like creature. "What is this?"