Arrival

(Ellen's p.o.v.)

I exited the shuttle once it landed and was blown away. I'd never been to California and was thrown of guard by how beautiful it was. The speeder cars, the holographic shopping booths...everything! I could start a new life here...start fresh...

No...No! What was I saying? I had a mission. A mission that I promised someone I'd complete long ago...

The words from thirteen years ago played back in my head as if it were yesterday.

"Remember. Mommy loves you..."

That was all I need to hear for motivation...I walked straight to the U.S.C.F. base.

Once I walked through the front doors of the recruiting center, I was met by two people. A human female and a Valarian male.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"I'm here for recruitment for the 331st battalion." I said.

The Valarian laughed in my face. "It doesn't quite work that way." He said. "We just get your information and your randomly assigned. You don't get to pick. Plus, I don't think you're fit for U.S.C.F. training." He snarled.

"We'll see about that..." I said.

"Oh would you two stop already?" The woman said in a dry tone as she pushed her glasses back up on the bridge of her nose. I could tell she did this a lot. "First and last name?" She asked.

"Ellen Rose." I replied.

The lady looked up at me for a second. Then she looked back down at her paper. "Date of birth?"

"December twentieth. Thirty eighty-two."

Again, she looked up at me. What was this bitch's problem?

"Any federal offenses?" She asked. This time, not takin her eyes off me.

"Um...no..."

"You do know that if you don't come clean, your gonna go to the softest battalion?" She warned.

"Fine..." I said; finally giving in. "I have a few."

"How many is a few?"

"....Five....."

"Mmhmm..." She said writing that down.

Suddenly, the door to our left slid open. A man walked out....and not just any man...a familiar one...a fine one...it was Ivan!

"Great...YOU'RE here." I said; trying to sound like I didn't care.

"Ellen...what are you doing here?" He asked me.

"Trying to sign up...but SOMEONE is giving me a hard time." I said; nodding to the woman at the desk wit the glasses.

"Oh don't worry about her." Ivan said to the woman. "I'll take her into my squad." He finished.

"Really?" I tried to say without sounding excited.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Well this was a waste of my time." The woman said as she balled up my form and tossed it into a full garbage can.

"Welcome to the team." Ivan said as he put a hand on my shoulder; causing me to blush uncontrollably.

"Um...uh....thanks..." I stammered.

"C'mon. I've got some people for you to meet." He said as we walked to the door he exited from earlier.

______________________________________________________________________________

T/C:

So Ellen is in the U.S.C.F.?

Now the real book begins...

Um...I guess that's it...

As always, please read, comment, and vote!

:D

-Shadow_Crow7