Epilogue

(Trinity's p.o.v.)

I walked toward the science lab, weak and limping because I had just regained a little portion of my strength. I passed a soldier of the 331st battalion on the way there.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but you must show clearance beyond this-"

"I'm Lieutenant Commander Trinity Rose." I said as I cut the lower ranked soldier off.

"Oh...go ahead ma'am." He said; saluting me.

As I opened the door and walked in, I saw exactly what I had came for...the only thing that mattered in my life...Ellen...my baby daughter...

I approached her crib as she layed there...sleep.

"Hi honey..." I said as I rubbed her hair gently and she rolled over in reaction. "I'm...I'm sorry I'm not going to always be there." I continued. "But...but this program is supposed to be good for you you...it's supposed to make you better than you are...I...I love you...I-"

"Trinity...." I heard general Thel's voice come from behind me.

"Thel...." I said softly. "Are...are you sure that this will will make her better? Are you sure-"

"I assure you that the Nexus project is the best thing for you daughter. She will become better than she already is."

"And how is that? You still haven't told me..."

"...By unlocking her mind..." Thel replied.

I thought for a moment. "Unlocking her mind...." I said. "You mean...like...psychics...?"

"Precisely..."

"What?" I said; trying not to wake Ellen. "I didn't agree to this! I-"

"You agreed that babies crossed with human and Klaxian genetics, would be the perfect subjects for the Nexus project."

"...You...Your are sick..." I said. I wanted to hit him, but I was too weak.

"You agreed." He said. "Now leave...I have work that needs to be done."

"I'm going to come back for her....you bastard...I'm coming for you..." I said...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ellen's p.o.v.)

As the video ended, I took it out of my computer and looked at the floor.

"You okay?" Kina asked.

"Yeah..." I said. Not looking up.

"So you were telling the truth." Ivan said. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine..." I replied.

"So what are your gonna do now?" He asked.

I looked over to him. My eyes sharp and fire in my heart. "Trinity did what she had to do...and she was tricked...I get why she did what she did..."

"But...you're part Klaxian..." Kina said.

"I know..." I said. "But I have to live on and continue Trinity's legacy...she has to remain a hero...not matter the cost.

______________________________________________________________________________

T/C:

There ya go!

Defiance: Memories!

I had so much fun writing this and I'm sad to see this book be over with...

I'm also sad because this is the last defiance book...

But I thank you for reading this!

I hope you voted for every part! (that really helps me out!)

Well...I guess that's it...we'll see what I have in stored next!

:D

-Shadow_Crow7