Reassigned

(Ivan's p.o.v.)

The next day as I got up, I made sure that the first thing I did was contact Kina. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. She picked up after only a few short rings.

"Hello?" She said from the other line.

"Kina. It's Ivan. Where are are you?"

"At Ellen's apartment. She's still sleep."

"Okay. Stay there. I have some important information to get to you guys."

"Will do. But...what does it concern?"

I looked at the flash drive. "Trinity Rose."

I could tell by her silence that she was shocked. "Um...Right..." She finally said. "But Ivan...Ellen's had a rough life...you gotta hear this story."

"Tell when I get there."

I heard her snuff through her Hybrid nostrils. "Okay. See you once you get here."

Just as I'd hung up the phone, I got another call. I looked down to see who it was and the caller I.D. read:

Headquarters

"Hello?" I answered.

"Detective Rooke." The man on the other side said.

"Yes Commander Riley?"

"I have an assignment for you."

"Yes sir. I'll be there soon."

"That won't be necessary. You see, this a covert mission. You're being reassigned."

"What? Where?" I asked.

"To the United Species Command Force."

My mouth dropped. "The U.S.C.F.?!" I said loudly. "For what?"

"There have been reports of treason from the 331st battalion Klaxian general: General Thel."

"So...exactly what am I supposed to do? Arrest him?"

"No. You're going to join that battalion as a new recruit and see what he's up to. Once you catch him in the act, then you bust him with a few other operatives we have in the 331st."

"Um...okay."

"One more thing." My commander said. "This is effective immediately. You are to report to the military base and leave now. you'll have everything you need waiting for you."

"But I...Yes sir." I sighed.

"Good luck." He said before hung up.

"Great." I said to myself. I guess I'll have to get the info to Ellen some other way. I pulled out my phone to text Kina.

"Been reassigned to USCF 331st battalion on covert mission." I texted her.

"what?" She replied.

"effective immediately. g2g."

"Um....k" she said.

I hated the fact that I couldn't get Ellen the information on Trinity. But I guess that would have to wait. I left my home and left for the base.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

T/C:

There ya go!

A new chapter!

Now things are picking up.

Is there any truth to what General Thel is doing in the 331st?

What's Ellen's story?

You'll see soon....

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far.

As always, I enjoy reviews to tell me how I'm doing. Please read, comment vote, and enjoy!

-Shadow_Crow7