Moving On

(Ellen's p.o.v.)

"What makes you think that?" Kina asked me as she looked at me with her green eyes.

"Because that's where everything is hidden." I replied. "That's where the secrets are...and that's where my memories lead me."

Kina looked disturbed. "Ellen..." She began to say.

"Kina. You're not stopping me." I said; cutting her off. "I have to do this."

"Ellen I'm not gonna stop you..." She replied. "By law I can't. Anyone joining the U.S.C.F. must be let go on all police jurisdictions...no matter what."

"Thought so." I replied with a smirk.

"But..." She said.

"But?"

"Are you sure you can handle the U.S.C.F.?" She asked. "I mean...you're not the best at following orders. You'll be court-martialed in a heartbeat."

"Trinity Rose was almost court-martialed countless times." I replied. "But she remained because she was an excellent soldier."

"I guess you have a point...." Kina replied. "But a word of advice."

"I'm listening."

"Don't go around telling people that you're Trinity Rose's daughter. For one, you're not entirely sure of that. Two...if that story you told me is true...watch your back."

"I always have Kina." I responded. "Now are you gonna preach some more to me, or am I gonna get going?"

"When were you planning to leave?" She asked; shocked.

"Now."

"Ellen..." She said a she brought up her holographic watch. "It's twelve a.m!"

"I know." I replied. "But if you take me to the departure station, I can be on my way."

Kina looked at me and finally gave in when she saw how serious I was. "Okay....I'll take you..." She said.

"Great. Let's go." I said.

__________________________

The ride to the departure station was short and uneventful. Kina and I chatted idly about the U.S.C.F. on the way there. After we reached the bustling station, we found that a shuttle to the U.S.C.F. base in California was just leaving. As I ran onboard the shuttle just in time, I turned back and saw Kina.

"Ahem..." She cleared her throat.

"What?" I replied.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

I thought for a moment.

"Ellen..." Kina said.

"Fine...I guess...I couldn't have...done this without your help...thanks..." I finally managed to say. God...that made me cringe.

"Excuse me." A Zalarian pilot said. "But you must be onboard if you're flying."

"Okay." I replied. "Goodbye Kina." I said as I walked onboard and took my seat.

"Goodbye Ellen." Kina waved.

My shuttle took off in the night sky and I was off to California.

______________________________________________________________________________

T/C:

Well, Ellen's off to the U.S.C.F.!

This chapter is a turning point in the book.

A lot more action is coming soon.

What will Ellen find?

You'll see...

As always, please read, comment, and vote

-Shadow_Crow7