Chapter 1

Dan's POV
TW: mention of self harm

I rested my head on the window and watched the raindrops patter against the window pane. Judy said this would relax me and keep my mind off cutting but it did nothing but put me in distress.

"Dan" a voice called from downstairs "There's someone at the door for you - said he's from your school." I sighed and reluctantly slid off the windowsill and slowly walked downstairs.

At the door stood a boy around my age with straight dark hair and blue eyes. I hadn't seen him at school before.

"Hi, I'm Phil" he said with a smile "I'm friends with Mike. He wanted me to give you back your textbook, I think he borrowed it." I didn't remember Mike borrowing my textbook, but he was a good friend of mine and I didn't mind him using my notes.

Phil said goodbye and closed the door behind him. I didn't want him to go, there was something special about him. His eyes shone like nothing I had seen before and he had the most gorgeous smile. I made it my mission to find him at school so I could see those blazing blue eyes once more.

TW: mention of self harm

The next day I had an appointment with Judy - she's my therapist. My parents make me see her so I can talk about my "issues". They started booking appointments when they found out that I self harm. But therapy hasn't done much good, I still get burning urges to cut myself.

I walked in and sat in the waiting room. It had a familiar smell to it that I could never identify, but would always make me shiver. I sat down and picked up a magazine and flicked through quickly.

And then I was called in to Judy's office. It was covered in posters for bullying hotlines and youth clubs that no one really looked at. "How have you been?" Judy asked in a high pitched voice. "Alright" I grunted back looking at the floor. I didn't want to talk to her - how could she help me?

"Have you cut recently?" She asked looking at me with big eyes filled with hope. "Yeah" I said, ashamed with myself. She sighed and gave me a weak smile. I think she knew that I couldn't be helped. Nothing could help me...except maybe those eyes. Those big blue eyes belonging to the boy I met. That's when I knew I had to find him...I had to see Phil again.