Chapter 12

Phil's POV
TW: mention of anxiety/panic attacks

Nervous. That's all I really felt. I wanted to say I felt hopeful, but really it was just fear...that's all it ever was.
"Phil, are you alright?" Dan asked, sat beside me. I sighed. I wish he didn't have to go through this with me. "Yeah - nervous" I managed to mumble. He nodded and placed a hand on mine. I tried as hard as I could to calm down but it felt so impossible. Maybe I really did need a doctor...

"Philip Lester?" The doctor called from the doorway. I stood up, as did Dan. The doctor looked puzzled and shook his head. "I only need one of you" I started to panic. I really couldn't go in without Dan. "Oh no no, I'm with him, please" Dan covered for me. The doctor nodded and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Come in boys"

I sat down on the medical bed, despite their being nothing physically wrong with me (other than my extreme clumsiness). "So, Philip, I'm Doctor Kleinman. What can I do for you today?" I began to shake a little. This was the most terrifying thing I had ever done, it felt like. "Um...I-I'd like to...no um, well..." I tried to compose myself. Come on Phil, be strong. "I've been having some issues with um...anxiety...and panic attacks" A huge wave of relief came over me. I said it! It wasn't so hard after all.

I continued to tell the doctor all about my panic attacks and how they affected me in public and at home. He prescribed me with some meds and gave me a leaflet with some websites I could visit for coping tips. I felt so pleased with myself. Maybe this was the start of a happy life...

A/N: Sorry this is short, I really don't like talking about this topic and don't want to trigger people. Hope you enjoy anyway :)