Chapter 4

Phil's POV

I woke up in a state. My eyes were red from crying and my hair was a mess. I tidied myself up quickly and pulled out my phone to text Dan.

Phil: Hey
Dan: Hi, what's up?
Phil: Would it be ok if I go round your house for a bit? Need to get away from my parents.
Dan: Yeah of course, do you wanna stay over tonight?
Phil: That would be great! Thanks a lot
Dan: No problem :p

I packed a small bag, got changed into a checkered shirt and skinny jeans and walked out the door. Dan only lived across the road so it wasn't a long walk.

I knocked on his door and Dan's mum opened it with a smile. "Hello!" She said, a big grin on her face. "You must be Phil." I nodded. "Nice to meet you Mrs Howell." I said confidently. "Please, call me Tracy." She replied. "And do come in, make yourself at home!"

I jogged upstairs to Dan's room and opened his door. He was sat in his pyjamas playing Mario kart. "Hey" I said. "Oh hey Phil" Dan replied "Excuse the hobbit hair, I've just woken up." I chuckled and sat down on his bed.

"So what's up with your parents?" Dan asked, pausing his game. "They're just really being homophobic" I replied "I can't stand it." Dan stood up and turned off the tv. "It must be awful for you" he said "My parents are really accepting about my sexuality, but I can't imagine how you feel." He sat next to me and looked into my eyes. "Well it's not long til I can move out anyway" I said. My stomach grumbled and I laughed. "Must be hungry" I said. "Mmm me too." Dan replied "You wanna get some food?" I nodded and I followed him downstairs.

Dan made us a sandwich each and we sat in the living room and watched tv while we ate. Dan's mum came in a gave us each a homemade cookie. They were absolutely delicious. Tracy was a lovely mum to Dan. He's really lucky to have her.

We spent the afternoon talking and playing video games. It was good to get away from my parents. I don't think Dan knew how much I appreciated his company.