Chapter 14

Phil's POV

"Dan" I called as I knocked on his door. "Dan I need to talk to you" I put my head against the door so I could hear him - I thought I heard a faint crying sound. "Please dan, just let me in." I heard the sound of the bed creak, followed by footsteps. He opened the door.

The person I saw was not my Dan. His eyes were red with tears, his shoulders hunched over and he had a worried look on his face. I quietly gasped. "Wh-whats's wrong?" My voice was panicked. He shook his head. I could see him trying to form words but nothing was coming out. "Dan, it wasn't your fault" I spoke. Suddenly, a waterfall of tears streamed from his face and he leant his head on my shoulder. I embraced him and rubbed his back, the only support I could really offer. "Come on" I said "Let's talk about this"

***
TW: mention of anxiety/panic attacks

"I knew it was a panic attack" Dan said. "I could have helped you, but I just don't think I'm cut out for this. What do I know?"
"It's ok" I replied. "I shouldn't have treated you so unfairly back then...I was just really struggling. All you have to do is sit and talk with me - we don't have to go into the gory details. But I need you to help me when I'm panicking". Dan nodded, looking down at his feet. "I'm sorry Phil" A small tear rolled down my cheek as the words came out of his mouth. "No, I'm sorry" We embraced again...but this time Dan pulled away.

TW: self harm

His face dropped as he looked down at his arm. I looked over - red marks covered his wrist. "No" I said in disbelief. Dan nodded: "Yes..."

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 10k! That's awesome! Hope you're still enjoying - let me know if you have any improvements. Thanks! :)