Chapter 1

In the dark halls of a large, lonely castle on a deserted island, marionette-like creatures stood before me. Attacking with the intention to kill, I dodged their swipes to my body. My red coat flowing with me elegantly.

"They just won't stop coming will they?" I muttered, irritated. I pulled out my pure white gun, Snowfire, and shot a demon in the face, missing another just barely with the same bullet. I put the gun back and grabbed my sword, Hephaestus, off my back. With the glow of the moonlight in the window, the crimson gem shined brightly from its center.

"Now, who else wants to play?" Before I could even attack anything, a body came crashing through the window. I quickly grabbed Midnight, a deep blue double action revolver, and aimed at the being.

"What in the fresh hell?! You scared me!" I yelled. The figure stood up and turned to me. He had dark red hair, a dark blue Victorian long coat, dark blue pants, and brown combat boots. His emerald eyes glowed as if they held some sort of demonic power.

"Who are you?" I asked and in response he rolled his eyes.

"I'm your fairy godfather," the mysterious man huffed. "Why would you point a gun at me, even though I'm not a threat to you, and then ask me a question? Ridiculous." His thick English accent coated his words. I raised my brow in concern and reluctantly lowered my firearm.

"Acheron. And you are?"

"I'm Alec." Now he was the one who looked confused.

"Just Alec?" I nodded, but before I could even respond, I felt a strong demonic presence behind me. Acting on my quick reflexes, I twisted my body around and pressed my back to the wall, making me have full view of both figures without risking my backside.

The other figure wore a long red coat with more red on his pants and vest. I furrowed my brows.

Jeez, how much red can a person wear? I thought as my eyes traveled to their face. Ocean blue eyes bore into mine as a sense of familiarity warmed my heart. Snow white hair framed the person's face and that familiarity hit me in the face like a brick.

-

"Hey Vergil," I shouted from the tree I was currently standing in. He looked up at me with concern in his eyes. I smiled and pointed at a bird's nest in highest point of the tree.

"There's birds up here," I commented with a massive grin, eyeing the book in his hand. It was his prized possession; he took it anywhere he went.

"Alec you should get down from there," he voiced, standing up from the base of the tree. "Momma's going to get mad at you again." I waved him off, saying I wouldn't fall, but as karma is a wonderful lady, I slipped and fell halfway through the tree. As I gripped a thick branch, I saw his mom walk outside with his brother trailing behind her, a deep frown on her face. His brother, however, was grinning and giving me a thumbs up.

"Uh oh," I muttered, smiling sheepishly.

-

"Dante?" I uttered in confusion. The mentioned man looked at me for a moment before turning back to Acheron. He pointed the tip of his sword to the man and scowled.

"Why'd you go and steal my kills like that you ass wipe! More importantly," he paused for a moment, walking closer. "Why did you try to kill me? You working for Mundus?"  Acheron just put his hands up and shrugged.

"You startled me is all," he muttered, looking over at me. "and I'm just about as human as she is." I raised a brow and looked at him.

He certainly didn't seem like it.... I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. I stared at the two men for a minute longer before going up to Dante and lifting his sword from the others face.

"I realize we're all on edge but the testosterone is killing me here." I smiled faintly at Dante. His head tilted in confusion and my smile grew. I could see the emotions in his eyes bright as day; surprise, guilt and sadness all at once.

"What? Cat got your tongue, Dante?"