The Moon

Taylor's POV
It was so beautiful I couldn't stop looking at it. The moon was bigger than I had ever seen before. And on the floor of the roof there was a blanket set out with candles, a basket, and plates. I couldn't breath. I had seen this type of thing be done in a movie. I never thought it would've happened for real especially to me. There was no way to describe how I was feeling at the moment. All I knew was that I wanted to spend as much time with Grayson as I could....and I did. "Grayson..." I breathed having trouble with my words. "This is amazing.......why did you do this? How?" I asked astounded.
He looked at me overly happy. "I just wanted to make you happy.....I succeeded yes?" I nodded with my mouth agape. He took my hand and lead me over to the blanket. He sat down and began to open the basket. He pulled out a wine bottle. "Oh! Grayson...I don't drink. I'm not old enough either." He chuckled. "This is sparkling grape juice...do you actually think Coach K would allow me to drink? Tomorrow is the big game remember?" He said. I sighed with relief and smiled at the reminder of the game. "I can't wait to watch you play!" He smiled gently. "Are you coming to the game or watching it on TV?" He said obviously remembering what I had said to Coach K. "I'm coming.....ill be your biggest fan." I said smiling at him and forcing him to look away blushing. I love making him blush, it makes me feel like he likes me. After what he has done tonight, I would sure hope he liked me. "I'll be looking out for you." He said. I forced myself to keep looking at him. Just then my phone buzzed. I looked down at it and Macy's name came up. I looked up at him "Sorry...one second." I read the text and it stopped my heart. Why would she ask me to do this? I don't know if I could even attempt it!! It read 'kiss him' I shook my head. "What's wrong?" He asked. I jumped and my phone fell out of my hands onto its face.  I had forgotten he was there. Her text had surprised me so much. "Oh yeah! I'm fine. Macy just......has a boyfriend now." He looked at me with confusion then smiled. "Well that's good." He said awkwardly. COME ON TAYLOR!! Out of all stories I come up with it has to be that one!! The thought of me kissing him stayed on my mind. We talked and talked and talked for hours it seemed like. "So.......I have to tell you something..." Grayson told me. I looked up with a sudden peak of interest. "Ok.....what is it?" I asked. His face looked stressed and he started breathing heavier than usual. "What is it Grayson?" I asked. He closed his eyes and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. I waited longer. "I....really.....like you.....Taylor." He said. My heart stopped. Did he just say that. "You do?" I blurted out. I couldn't believe it. "Taylor......I know it's really soon, but I think this could be something special. I really really like you. You are the sweetest, kindest, smartest, most amazing person I have ever met my entire life. I would love to spend more time with you and......and I want to know....." I stared at him in disbelief my mouth open wide. "Taylor? Will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked me straight up. I stared at him in shock. He really likes me!! He was nervous about telling me he liked me too. Which means he must really mean it. My mama told me not to get serious though. What should I say??? He was waiting now. I love my mama and I respect her opinion, but I have never felt like this before. Without thinking anymore about it I said "Yes!" He looked at me with surprise, then excitement. "Yeah?" He asked making sure he heard me correctly. I nodded excited with the decision I just made. He literally almost jumped over the basket to hug me. Awkwardly we stood up still entwined in each other. The hug lasted long. When we stopped he pulled away still holding me and looked at me. Was this about to happen??? Were  we about to share a kiss? He leaned in closer to my face with a serious look and I stopped breathing. His eyes settled on my lips and I stared into his eyes. He looked into mine for a moment as if to ask me if he could kiss me. I couldn't move so I had only hoped he could read my answer. He moved closer to me and he was now centimeters from my lips. Finally, it happened. His lips were softer than I had imagined. This was actually happening!! I pushed myself into the kiss and felt both his hands caress my face and pull me closer. The kiss became more passionate and I ended up wrapping my arms around his neck. My breathing picked up. This was turning out to be a long kiss and I was enjoying it very much. I felt so lucky to be having this kiss right now. He was amazing and I didn't deserve him. He deserves someone better. I pulled away from the kiss. He looked down at me with a mixture of happiness and confusion. "Why did you stop? I thought I was doing ok." He asked cutely thinking it was his fault. "No! Grayson you were amazing. It's just..." He looked at me concerned now. "What is it?" I looked around and finally said "You're to good for me." He looked at me with what looked like anger. "How dare you say that!!" I was taken back. I couldn't say anything. "You...Taylor....are perfect for me. In fact you probably deserve better than me. I don't want anyone else, except you." I was dumbfounded. I couldn't hold back the smile on my face as he moved in  to kiss me once more. I was happy with his answer. Maybe too happy, but I'm ok with that. This time I was the one who kissed him. I grabbed his face and pressed his lips into mine. He chuckled into my mouth at my eagerness. I laughed too. This was the perfect way to end this night. Kissing Grayson on top of the chapel with candles and under the moon.