Words I Might Have Ate

When we get back to Mike's house I grab my stuff out of his car and get into mine and speed home. I unlock my apartment door then slam it shut and fall onto my bed and sob into a pillow. After a while I start throwing stuff around everywhere then my door opens and Mike and Tré walk in. They both grab me and lay me down on my bed.

"Help me..." I sob. "I can't live without her. She's going to marry that other man and I'm stuck here. Alone.."

"You're not alone, kid. You have us," Mike tells me.

"Mike? Why do you call me that?" I asked him referring to him calling me "kid."

"I'm not sure."

"I'm older than you," I said.

"I know. But you're shorter than me."

"That doesn't make a difference," I replied.

"Sure it does." They let me sit up. Mike puts his arm around me. "I hate seeing you like this, BJ. You're my best friend. I just want what's best for you."

"I know you do. But Adrienne..." I trailed off.

"Fuck that bitch!" Tré yells. "She couldn't even kiss you until a year after you guys were seeing each other but she can fuck with his douche after a month."

"Unless she was cheating on me." Mike could sense the pain in my voice.

"I know Addie well enough to know she would never cheat on you. I'm not sure if she actually did try calling you though. I don't know why the calls wouldn't have gone through," Mike said. "Tré and I are going to stay here with you for a while until we can fully trust that you won't try hurting yourself."

"Alright," I sighed. Mike and Tré went outside to get their bags from the car. After they came back in we set up two air mattresses for them to sleep on.

That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face knowing that these two amazing guys have my back. I don't need a girl to make me happy. I have my best friends.