80

One Year Later---1993
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I heard a knock on my door early one morning. Who the fuck is at my house at fuckin 11:00 in the fuckin night??? I thought to myself as I looked the my alarm clock next to my bed. I sat up and turned on my lamp. They knocked again so I jumped up and opened the door.

"What the fuck do you—" I started. There she was standing before me a year later. I glanced at her finger...no ring. Her and dumb fuck must've split up.

"Billie Joe.." She whispered. Then she threw herself at me and pressed her lips against mine. I put my arms around her waist. We kissed for a moment longer then I pulled away.

"Billie Joe, I love you. I've always loved you. I'm sorry about everything." I noticed a bruise along her jaw. Suddenly rage filled me.

"He did that to you??" I asked as I traced the bruise with the tip of my finger. She looked down and didn't say anything for a long time. I took her by the hand and sat her down next to me on my bed. I put my arms around her and held her close to me.

"Brian..he uhh..yes. He did that to me," she finally answered.

"Oh, Addie." I jumped up and clenched my fists. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down to her.

"Please stay with me," she whispered. "I'm sorry about all the pain I caused you." As she said this, she touched each cut on my wrists. The tears rolled down both of her cheeks. I could feel them stinging at my eyes as well.

"Addie?" I asked. "Can you stay with me tonight?" She smiled slightly.

"Of course. As long as you'd like me to. I have no where to go now. I was going to stay in a hotel in Oakland."

"No no no. Honey stay here with me," I said quickly. "Please. I'd love for you to live here with me. Tomorrow we can get your stuff. You can wear some of my clothes for now." I jumped up and ran to my dresser and grabbed her my Ramones t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

"Thank you Billie. Also, all my stuff is in my car outside. I didn't even check into a hotel. But I'd gladly stay here with you" she kissed me hard and pushed me back onto the bed. She climbed on top of me and we continued kissing for a few more minutes when she stopped and sat up on me.

"I should change now," she said as she stood up. I was kinda grateful for thing because I was still really tired from a long day of rehearsal at Mike's. She changed right in front of me which was really sexy then she climbed into bed with me and layed her head on my chest.

"I love you Billie Joe Armstrong," she whispered.

"I love you Adrienne Ilene Nesser."